My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Media Streaming Problems

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stato1970

Hi,

I have just bought my new box having chosen this over the youview freeview box. One of the main reasons was the ability to play media streamed over my home network.

I cant't get the media share option to see any shared servers. I am running a NAS (WD mybook live running twonky) and I have tried my laptop running both MWP and Plex as media servers. I have updated to the latest firmware.

I have rung support and they (bizarrely) weren't aware of this functionality, despite it being clearly advertised on the box.

I am going to keep the unit as it allows more flexibility in terms of playing external media (youtube and USB HDD) but would love to get the streaming function working.

Any suggestions??

Cheers

Stato

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 10:49:39 #1 |
  2. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

I'm also running a NAS (Synology) and the 1000S sees that OK. Mind you, there are some serious problems with displaying some video formats and other display issues with music and photos, so you may not like what you see when you DO get it working!

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 11:40:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

QNAP 409 NAS running Twonky. 1000s sees Twonky but says I have no movies, despite having lots in AVI format. Also freezes and reboots on trying to open music (MP3 and FLAC) folder.
    I have no problems with two media players and a smart tv. Not a good effort by Humax.

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 12:30:47 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    QNAP 409 NAS running Twonky. 1000s sees Twonky but says I have no movies, despite having lots in AVI format. Also freezes and reboots on trying to open music (MP3 and FLAC) folder.
    I have no problems with two media players and a smart tv. Not a good effort by Humax.

AVI can mean absolutely anything, it's a container not a file format.

It stands for Audio/Video interleave, it says nothing about the actual video and audio that it contains.

The box isn't designed as a media player, the chips are designed for broadcast standards. It will handle content in standard broadcast and optical disc formats in the containers they normally use.

It has no problem with Full-HD 1080i camcorder footage either.

This includes full bitrate 1080p24 and surprisingly a 1080p60 clip I downloaded off the internet (AVC Level 4.2 is required). That's pretty surprising as only the latest and most expensive media players will do 1080p50/60.

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 12:48:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

stato1970

Folks,

Thanks for the responses to date but looking for any solutions/workarounds that might be available.

Cheers

Stato

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 13:02:01 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

stato1970 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Folks,
    Thanks for the responses to date but looking for any solutions/workarounds that might be available.
    Cheers
    Stato

I can't boot my HDR-1000s till later today (some testing). From memory check the menus to make sure you have content sharing enabled. I can see my Laptop, A Foxsat-HDR ( both running Twonky) and a HDR FOX T2 on the HDR-1000s no problem. The HDR-1000s will stream encrypted HD from the HDR FOX T2 OK.

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 13:07:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    AVI can mean absolutely anything, it's a container not a file format. It stands for Audio/Video interleave, it says nothing about the actual video and audio that it contains.

Agreed, but are you are suggesting that the 1000s scans every AVI file to determine suitability for reproduction? This explains it saying I have no movies? I think not

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 14:48:09 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 10 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    AVI can mean absolutely anything, it's a container not a file format. It stands for Audio/Video interleave, it says nothing about the actual video and audio that it contains.

Agreed, but are you are suggesting that the 1000s scans every AVI file to determine suitability for reproduction? This explains it saying I have no movies? I think not

Of course not, I assume it simply ignores .avi files. If you have any with suitable content, change the container to a transport or programme stream mpeg container (it's lossless and very fast).

I haven't used a AVI file since I stopped using a DV digital camcorder. DV files are enormous a 720 x 576 25fps 20 min file consumes 4GB.

| Wed 27 Mar 2013 15:01:51 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.