My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Mediashare Memory Inconsistent

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lewdicrous

I have to unload media share and still might not have available an item I have seen before via humax - media share - my server - my server - videos - all videos - target video.
    I have to unload media share and still might not have available an item I have seen before via humax - media share - my server - my server - videos - folders - public videoas - sample videos - target video.
    If I remove all the files from c:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\ and then add targetvideo.ext to that folder, then stop media share on my pc, then sleep & restart the humax - it either remembers the previous contents or the new.
    How do I overcome this inconsistent review of actual content in the folder I point it (the humax) at?
    It took hours to find a folder it would look at even inconsistently, none of which were "me" user, "public" only!
    It (the humax) reports software version UKSFAA 3.00.77
    loader version UKSFAA 1.08
    update date 26 JUNE 2017

Copying to USB is an option, I know.

Please offer only constructive advice, "It works on mine" without individual version numbers of the hardware and software of both the server and the humax, the reply is not constructive.

| Fri 5 Jan 2018 20:52:35 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You have a duplicate first sentence.

What is the DLNA server you are using - W.M.P.?

My first thought is the problem is unlikely to be the Humax's.
    I would think that the server has not yet updated it's indexes.
    When the problem next occurs try shutting down and restarting the the PC (sleeping it is unlikely to do the trick) and waiting a few minutes.

If that corrects the problem you will know it is the server.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 8:49:16 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

See this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/media-share-shows-all-files-twice

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 10:50:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lewdicrous

You did not read both sentences, I know I should have numbered each step to make it easier to follow, sorry.

If you meant the result is the same, your phrase "You have a duplicate first sentence." is incorrect.

In my tedious experience with the humax the result is not the same.

I am using the dedicated internal media server on my old tower:-
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0902, 04/11/2011

Are you saying the humax does not have an Index memory, and only reads the Windows index every time it starts a new piece of media?

I am not using Network Attached Storage in this scenario.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 11:10:39 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lewdicrous - 30 minutes ago  » 
    You did not read both sentences, I know I should have numbered each step to make it easier to follow, sorry.
    If you meant the result is the same, your phrase "You have a duplicate first sentence." is incorrect.
    I am using the dedicated internal media server on my old tower:-
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2100 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 3 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0902, 04/11/2011
    Are you saying the humax does not have an Index memory, and only reads the Windows index every time it starts a new piece of media?

DLNA does not work like that on any device. The DLNA/UpNp server is responsible for building the database for the contents you have told the PC to make available externally and in some cases transcoding the content to a format the client tells the server it can handle.

The Humax isn't remembering the contents. it's your PC that hasn't changed the dlna index database it shows to any DLNA client device you may be using to view the shared content. Tablet/phone/smart tv/other PC etc.

It's a case of garbage out, garbage in

Frankly your post displayed a somewhat belligerent attitude. It was clearly based on ignorance, in future ask politely what could be wrong you are likely to get more help.

Are you English, if so starting two sentences with identical information is terrible grammar. It makes the post very difficult to read.

Your whole post could have said, My Humax FVP-5000T fails to recognise changes made on my PC shared media content. Anyone know why ?

There's a big difference between sharing content using DLNA and mapping a drive on a remote PC using software like Samba. If the drive is mapped it appears on the remote drive as if the drive is local, any change in content is reflected instantly, at the expense of security.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 11:52:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

lewdicrous

Hi Graham

I would defend to the death your right to have and share an opinion.

However that does not mean your opinion is right.

1. repassac pointed out he thought I had posted a question with a duplicate sentence, he was wrong.

2. You pointed me at a conversation that I read and answered "no nas"

3. Where is the media streaming server named in windows, I thought the Windows 10 information would be sufficient. Is the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options the same as "DLNA server you are using - W.M.P."?

4. Did you or this system delete the text in parenthesis that I received in the email but is not present here?

5. Are you saying if I modify/add/delete a file in a shared folder I have to power cycle the PC in order to enable the humax to display it?

Please be of special help and address the numbered points (in order if possible, I'm a bit ignorant):-)

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 12:16:05 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

lewdicrous - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes it re-populates the media folders each time you change server folder level. On my unit I notice the pause each time I do this.

Edit: W.M.P. meant Windows Media Player.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 12:19:30 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lewdicrous - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham
    I would defend to the death your right to have and share an opinion.
    However that does not mean your opinion is right.
    1. repassac pointed out he thought I had posted a question with a duplicate sentence, he was wrong.
    2. You pointed me at a conversation that I read and answered "no nas"
    3. Where is the media streaming server named in windows, I thought the Windows 10 information would be sufficient. Is the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options the same as "DLNA server you are using - W.M.P."?
    4. Did you or this system delete the text in parenthesis that I received in the email but is not present here?
    5. Are you saying if I modify/add/delete a file in a shared folder I have to power cycle the PC in order to enable the humax to display it?
    Please be of special help and address the numbered points (in order if possible, I'm a bit ignorant):-)

Read the thread I posted re forcing the media server to rebuild it's database. Your PC is working exactly the same as a NAS. A NAS in this case is just a external storage device with server software. It works just the same as your PC does which as far as the Humax is concerned is a external storage device with server software. No idea why you posted this info in your original post.

Some suggestions here

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3373662/dlna-sees-folders-files.html

Might be just a question of being patient.

There are a number of other servers available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UPnP_AV_media_servers_and_clients

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 12:25:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

lewdicrous

Thanks Graham

Ooh, by the way, why don't you answer all questions with "Google is you friend"?

Why have a forum?

Why did you get special?

I'll resolve this opportunity for deeper understanding myself.

Ooh, by the way, you could use that one yourself on this redundant forum.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 12:34:33 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lewdicrous - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks Graham
    Ooh, by the way, why don't you answer all questions with "Google is you friend"?
    Why have a forum?
    Why did you get special?
    I'll resolve this opportunity for deeper understanding myself.
    Ooh, by the way, you could use that one yourself on this redundant forum.

That's just stupid , many queries are simply answered with a bit of research or even looking at the faq's on here. Not even looking is just plain lazy. You were given the reason, it's down to your PC and not a Humax issue. You can't expect anyone here to sort that out. In this case best place to start is a bit of research.

Is plain rude

Please offer only constructive advice, "It works on mine" without individual version numbers of the hardware and software of both the server and the humax, the reply is not constructive.

Condescending in the extreme, many issues are down to the poster not having the latest software and often they don't tell us which box they have as well.

Never seen a post in this forum which isn't constructive in answer to a query.

Repassac answered your question, the fact that you ignored it despite it being correct is the issue here.

Now you are descending to personal insults.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 12:41:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.