My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Menu items greyed out

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Hi,

I've just picked up a 4000T and updated to the new software.

For some reason I can't select many of the settings options - many are greyed out - in PVR Settings only Playback Options is available, Factory Default is missing in System Settings, Configure WLAN isn't available in Network Settings and only signal Test isn't greyed out in Channel Settings.

I'v etried going into the settings whilst on live Tv and when playing a recording but the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Also, is there any way to know which channels are being recorded in the buffer?

Thanks.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 20:44:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Have you tried to reboot the box and see what happens. It may be a glitch in the software sometimes rebooting helps. But leave it unplugged for about a couple of minutes before reconnecting.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 21:21:26 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Normally it's because the box is either recording or within 15 minutes of a accurate recording and monitoring the broadcaster signal to start recording.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 21:27:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Thanks to all - a reboot worked.

I still haven't managed to find which channels are being buffered tho.

It also seems when I'm in the guide I can't get program information for a programme that's currently on without it switching to that channel?

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 21:35:28 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BlackGhost - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks to all - a reboot worked.
    I still haven't managed to find which channels are being buffered tho.
    It also seems when I'm in the guide I can't get program information for a programme that's currently on without it switching to that channel?

Not sure what this means. There is a area of the hard disk that records the currently tuned (viewed) channel. This enables live pause, rewind within the buffer contents from the time the channel was viewed and recording of the current programme if it was being viewed from the beginning. If you switch to watching a different channel, the live buffer is reset to the channel you are watching. This is extra to scheduled recordings using the boxes other tuners. I don't have the box but reading other posts it seems access to programme info seems to be inferior to other Humax boxes which give you this data from any programme you can view in the epg.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 22:14:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

The new version of EPG is defective in that it no longer allows you to view program info for current channels without changing channel. Humax introduced this problem with the latest software release.
    As you will have already noticed they didn't put an info button on the remote either.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 2:24:49 #6 |
  7. barryiow

barryiow

The only way I can now get info on the program being watched is to go Home, recordings and reselect the programe i am watching, not very well thought out compared to the Fox T2

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 8:16:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if there was a way to know which live channels are available to rewind - I'm coming from a Tivo and you can see and select which channels are on each of the 3 tuners and select any to rewind live tv.

One other thing I'm not seeing is being able to go into the guide, go to previous days and see any catchup programmes available other than on the BBC channels. Shouldn't ITV,CH4 and CH5 also be available here (I know you can access their shows in each channels on demand app)?

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 10:55:34 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

To get the programme information on the channel you are watching live on the 4000T, is just press OK twice on the remote control and it will come up. to get the information from the EPG just highlight the programme and press OK once.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 11:11:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I've got that - cheers.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 11:12:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.