My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Menu items greyed out

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BlackGhost - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if there was a way to know which live channels are available to rewind - I'm coming from a Tivo and you can see and select which channels are on each of the 3 tuners and select any to rewind live tv.
    One other thing I'm not seeing is being able to go into the guide, go to previous days and see any catchup programmes available other than on the BBC channels. Shouldn't ITV,CH4 and CH5 also be available here (I know you can access their shows in each channels on demand app)?

At a guess only the currently viewed channel will have a time shift buffer and only from the time you switched to that channel. You of course have the option to record any channel you want to rewind and then switch to another channel and record that. You can use any of the recordings in chasing playback at any time up to the current recording position.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 11:13:28 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Certain other previously viewed channels are also in a buffer - the problem is I don't think you can tell which ones. Not a huge issue. Compared to the Tivo, it seems a pretty good box on first impressions.

If it is reliable/stable it should be a good option when my virgin contract ends - I was expecting much worse based on what I'd read but I guess the update fixed a fair few issues.

I was going to look at a youview+ box too but only 2 tuners, lack of recording buffers and (I think) lack of manual recording makes it a no-go.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 12:13:04 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Regarding the menus being greyed out, the initial reboot of the box worked. Since then these same items are still greyed out most of the time. Does anyone know if this a known issue or is it likely to be a problem with my box? Cheers.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 10:46:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi BlackGhost Are you recording when your checking?.
    When the box is recording a few setting will be grayed out, once the box has finished recording you will find the grayed out setting will return.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 11:18:38 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Thanks very much, I think that's it. I didn't occur to me that things like editing the channel list/favourites would be unavailable during recording but it shouldn't be a problem.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 11:24:04 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.