My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Menu wont be selected

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Twace1981

Oh right, i looked it up briefly and managed to turn it off on the tv since its only turning the tv back when ive gone to bed, its also turning the volume right up when ive turned it right down just in case it comes back on later on in the night like it keeps doing!

Last night i even switched HDMI socket to a different one and put on MUTE on both the box and the tv so that it wouldnt wake me but it switched them all back, hopefully this will have sorted the problem, thanks for the information, very much appreciated!

| Tue 28 May 2013 20:18:27 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi,
    the bit I don't understand is the volume being turned right up.

If switching off CEC on your TV aka anynet,regza,kuro,aquos,easylink etc. etc. as well as those names mentioned by Gomezz for CEC doesn't help and you suffer again tonight then it's possible the remote control is faulty and sending out spurious signals. If it happens again, and to rule out the remote control, put the remote in a drawer or in another room

| Tue 28 May 2013 23:11:02 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Twace1981

Hi, i think the remote control is dodgy anyway since the original problem was that i could select the menu and although i didnt mention it the volume was turning itself up without me pressing, though i just turned the tv volume down and coped lol

Last night thanks to turning off the CEC i had a peaceful night, heres to many more and im grateful for information!
    Thanks again

| Wed 29 May 2013 8:23:20 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

Does your TV have touch-sensitive controls (on the set itself)?

I have seen these go dodgy - the case I saw, the TV would keep changing the source, so the owner would be watching Sky, then suddenly the set would start cycling through the inputs.

The set was out of warranty and they didn't want to pay for a repair, so we disconnected the ribbon cable from the buttons and the problem went away. As they only ever use the remote control, this was not a problem for them. TV has been working fine like this now for a couple of years.

| Wed 29 May 2013 8:52:11 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Twace1981

I dont think the TV has touch sensitive controls, i dont see anything on the tv itself ive only had it since January and not had a problem with it till i got this box lol

I had a second peacefull night last night so I'm hoping that its working!

Does anyone know anything about the Zoom control on a TV, my nannans tv is around 7 years old, and shes been complaining for the whole 7 years im sure of the picture not filling the WHOLE screen, we change it, it fills the screen for about half an hour and then reverts back, i was looking last night and it seems shes still on SCART would this alter anything with the HDMI cable in there?

| Thu 30 May 2013 8:15:38 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Twace1981

Think the information finally sorted the problem of 'tv turning itself on etc!' but now we are back to the original problem which is the menu scrolling, I've changed batteries, ive taken out the batteries and everything else listed above!
    It has been fine then i had a week away and it was fine when i got back but now back to square one within 48 hours! Its getting annoying! ;-/

| Wed 12 Jun 2013 17:42:42 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Twace1981

ANyone else got any ideas, the volume is turning itself down all by itself while im watching the tv now! HELP lol

| Fri 14 Jun 2013 18:01:09 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Do you have any low energy lighting in the room turned on when the problem happens ?

If you cover the front of the box with a piece of cardboard does it still happen ?

| Fri 14 Jun 2013 18:56:57 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.