My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SheilaL

I have a Humax box and use Freesat and cannot get live TV programmes or On demand. I get the message that 'The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is to weak.' Could this be a problem with the satellite dish or is it more likely to be a problem with the box? Maybe the box is worn out? It is five years old. Or could it be any of the cables!? Look forward to any suggestions before I call a TV engineer!

| Tue 29 Sep 2020 20:20:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SheilaL - 29 mins ago  » 
    I have a Humax box and use Freesat and cannot get live TV programmes or On demand. I get the message that 'The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is to weak.' Could this be a problem with the satellite dish or is it more likely to be a problem with the box? Maybe the box is worn out? It is five years old. Or could it be any of the cables!? Look forward to any suggestions before I call a TV engineer!

Unlikely to be the box.

Most likely reasons.

Dish has moved (any high winds recently)

Lnb has failed (the box on the end of the arm with the coax cable connected has failed.

The coax cable outer cover has been cut through due to poor original installation and has let water in. if you have a Foxsat-HD you will only have one cable.

Firstly are you sure you have a Foxsat-HD and not a Foxsat-HDR ? It makes a big difference,

look on the back, how many screwed f type connections do you have and how many coax cables.

Pretty sure on demand will not work without a working satellite signal in the first place.

| Tue 29 Sep 2020 21:02:26 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Like Graham I would suggest you check the model you quote which was launched with freesat on 6th May 2008. I think the BBC catchup service on this and the Foxsat-HDR ended some years ago.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 6:16:52 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    Like Graham I would suggest you check the model you quote which was launched with freesat on 6th May 2008. I think the BBC catchup service on this and the Foxsat-HDR ended some years ago.

Correct the Foxsat boxes are no longer supported due to change to MHEG.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/humax

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:59:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SheilaL

Thanks so much both of you! I am feeling more able to examine it all this morning. It is a HUMAX freesat HD - Model: HB-10005S, but I couldn't see a forum for that so put it in the Foxsat one which seemed the nearest! Sorry if that was confusing.

I think the end of the long cable that comes from the router may be damaged - looking at in the daylight! I've tried to put it in more tightly and now what is happening is:

Live TV is working fine and that previous message is not coming up.
    However if I go to IPlayer, it gets as far as showing all the menus and each programme but then if I click on the actual episode or programme it hangs for ages and then eventually goes to a message: from the BBC: 'Something went wrong with loading this programme.' Could that still be the damage on the end of the cable causing that? Or is it something else? My brief manual has nothing on these messages.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:56:20 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SheilaL - 19 mins ago  » 
    Thanks so much both of you! I am feeling more able to examine it all this morning. It is a HUMAX freesat HD - Model: HB-10005S, but I couldn't see a forum for that so put it in the Foxsat one which seemed the nearest! Sorry if that was confusing.
    I think the end of the long cable that comes from the router may be damaged - looking at in the daylight! I've tried to put it in more tightly and now what is happening is:
    Live TV is working fine and that previous message is not coming up.
    However if I go to IPlayer, it gets as far as showing all the menus and each programme but then if I click on the actual episode or programme it hangs for ages and then eventually goes to a message: from the BBC: 'Something went wrong with loading this programme.' Could that still be the damage on the end of the cable causing that? Or is it something else? My brief manual has nothing on these messages.

How long a cable do you need to connect the box to your router ?

I don't have a single tuner unit like your HB-1000S.

However I guess the user interface is very similar to the twin tuner boxes.

Press the home button on the remote. Move down to settings and press OK. Go right to Network Connection and press OK. What does it say ?

Press exit to get back to the home menu. Click OK on settings again

Move to System Information and press OK Move down to Network Info.

Carefully note what the info is alongside

Connection Type

IP address

Netmask

Gateway address

Primary DNS

Secondary DNS

Amazon sell made up cat 5 patch cables very cheaply. Just need to know how long a cable you need,

Had it been a HB-1010S you could have tried connecting using WiFi

The threads relevant to your box are here

https://myhumax.org/forum/forum/hb-1000s

Perhaps a kind moderator will move this thread to a new topic there.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 10:28:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SheilaL

The cable is about 8 metres.
    I actually prefer to use Ethernet cable to WiFi. I have a wonderful local shop will be able to get a new one. A friend gave me the one I have and it is very old.

The Network Connection says I am connected to the Internet and this will happen automatically. BeBox IP 192.168.1.3 (Mentions BBC IPlayer and ITVPlayer in box on left)

Network Information says:
    Connection Type DHCP

IP address 192.168.1.3

Netmask 255.2555.255.0

Gateway address 192.168.1.254

Primary DNS 192.168.1.254

Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0
    MAC Address 2C:08:8C:16:39:48

Thanks for links to threads for my model!

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:43:45 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Those look fine though you may want to try using Google DNS servers

Googles DNS servers are Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.4.4.

However there are two new posts indicating an issue with the Humax iplayer servers.

I will try iplayer as soon as better half has finished watching her programme.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:53:30 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Admin: Please move to HB 1000S, 1100S Forum.

Admin edit: Done

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:15:19 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Iplayer is not working on my HDR-1000S.

Got as far As selecting Live Series 1 Ep01.

After a period of buffering got Something Has Gone Wrong. Also affecting backwards epg and View From the beginning options.

This is usually down to a Humax server issue. Guessing that Humax know about it.

You may want to ring Humax Customer support and ask if they know about the issue.

If you have other smart devices iplayer is likely to work OK on these.

Working OK on a 4K firestick.

| Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:35:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.