My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Message when internet is down

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TonyN

I have an HDR1010S it's an excellent system but it has one really irritating feature.

If our internet goes down (and it frequently does for me) a message appears in the centre of the screen saying there’s a network problem I can't get rid of the message.
    This means it’s not possible to watch TV when the internet is down. The message obscures the centre of the screen it says press OK to continue but then re-appears after a few seconds if I press OK.

This is frustrating because my TV viewing now depends on my internet connectivity!

Is there any way to stop this behaviour?

Many thanks,
    T

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 15:27:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Strange! I have the HDR1000S, so same s/w. I have never seen such a message and my router (and hence internet) is often switched off when I'm watching TV late at night. Are you sure this is originating from the Humax box? If so then how are you connected to internet? I'm via an ethernet cable into a switch then the router. While the router is off the enet switch is on. Could the simple presence of an ethernet cable with power on it be enough to make the Humax think it's connected.

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 17:43:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Just tested. Switched off the enet switch so no connection to LAN. Got message flashed up...LAN cable unplugged. It did not request a response, disappeared and does not reappear.

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 18:55:43 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

TonyN - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have an HDR1010S it's an excellent system but it has one really irritating feature.
    If our internet goes down (and it frequently does for me) a message appears in the centre of the screen saying there’s a network problem I can't get rid of the message.
    This means it’s not possible to watch TV when the internet is down. The message obscures the centre of the screen it says press OK to continue but then re-appears after a few seconds if I press OK.
    This is frustrating because my TV viewing now depends on my internet connectivity!
    Is there any way to stop this behaviour?
    Many thanks,
    T

Firstly how are you connected Wi-Fi?
    I presume the logic must be a little different?
    Why do you your loose your connection so frequently, it's not normal.

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 19:16:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm via an ethernet cable into a switch then the router. While the router is off the enet switch is on. Could the simple presence of an ethernet cable with power on it be enough to make the Humax think it's connected.

That is the case with my HB1000S. Whenever my connection is lost and I go into settings to reconnect, the box displays a message in the first screen saying I'm connected by Ethernet when in fact it's only detecting the cable from the Powerline adapter (on).

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 19:32:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

That still does not explain the message the poster is seeing. In my case complete absence of a LAN connection produces a one-time message, no response required, never repeated. Does a wif-fi connection operate differently?

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 21:12:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Pollensa1946 - 28 minutes ago  » 
    That still does not explain the message the poster is seeing.

No, I posted in response to your question "Could the simple presence of an ethernet cable with power on it be enough to make the Humax think it's connected.".

The answer being "Yes, it could."

I regret I have nothing useful to contribute to the OP's puzzle, not having experienced this issue myself.

| Tue 25 Aug 2015 21:48:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

TonyN - 16 hours ago  » 
    ... a message appears in the centre of the screen saying there’s a network problem I can't get rid of the message...

The Humax message appears at the top of the screen, which together with the need for a response (OK), leads to me to conclude it's not coming from the Humax unit.

| Wed 26 Aug 2015 8:10:05 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My HDR1000S is connected to a network switch along with all the other kit in my HiFi rack. The network switch is hardwired to the my router via a single cat 5 cable.

If I unplug the network patch lead from the rear of the HDR1000S a message appears at the top of the screen for a few seconds "LAN cable s unplugged". Replacing the cable displays "LAN cable is plugged" for a few seconds.

Disconnecting the network switch to router cable does not give any message.

Assuming the OP's TV is also networked, the OP should try switching the TV to a different input to see if the message is still on screen (If so it's clearly down to the TV).

If anyone has a 1000S connected using a WiFi dongle it would be interesting to see what the box says when this is disconnected.

| Wed 26 Aug 2015 10:50:08 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1010S and 1100S connected via wifi.

Turn off router, no messages witnessed on screen (caveat, router in different room so I might not be quick enough moving between the two) units continue to operate as expected.

| Wed 26 Aug 2015 11:09:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.