My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Migrating recordings/multiple external disks

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bill

I recently bought a HB1000s, it has a few oddities but is quite nifty.

I connected a 70GB external disk via USB to record programmes. And soon filled it.

(The device starts to knock recorded programmes off of the drive to make room, which I didn't realise at first, I lost something I was saving to watch later. I have since discovered that you can mark recordings you want to keep.)

Is it possible to migrate my recordings from my existing drive to another? I have a 300GB disk cleanly formatted.

Can you switch the drives as and when you please?

I did try to connect both at the same time. That didn't appear to work. I didn't really expect it to.

It might be possible for me to copy files across using a PC, but have no idea if that would work or not. In future if I was to fill the 300GB disk, I might be tempted to replace it with something larger, so it would be nice to know if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Bill.

| Tue 7 Oct 2014 14:21:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not tried this but based on the HD FOX T2 you can connect multiple drives using a powered USB Hub. If this works at a guess you can set up two recording drives and switch between them. Hopefully someone with the box will be able to try this out.

| Tue 7 Oct 2014 14:44:07 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.