My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Minimum internet speed requirement?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

thanks for posting, it's really useful from somebody that can compare directly.
    If the 1000S uses a different portal (ip address) then that may explain some problems (portal or isp packet shaping), however I cannot imagine Humax using a different portal which leaves the 1000S pretty exposed.
    Humax are being silent on this and they would know whether the same portal is used for the hdr-foxt2 and the hdr-1000s. As would somebody else with packet sniffing software (wireshark/ethereal etc) and both boxes.

Barry? you have connections with Humax Towers, do the two boxes use the same portal address?

If they use the same portal/ip-address then logic is telling me that the 1000S has problems with iplayer - clear as daylight!

History tells me that a future software update will solve this problem, in time. Quick reply to GLT, no idea, it may buffer 30mins, the older boxes buffer the whole programme, I can't imagine the 1000S only buffering 30mins, but we don't know and Humax do!

Opening the box up allows for a better support community and surely Humax have seen this with the foxsat and hd/hdr-foxT2. The 1000S seems to be a nightmare at the moment, a black box with no transparency.
    Some customers out there can't operate a tin opener let alone a pvr, however Humax holding back information doesn't help anybody

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 2:24:48 #11 |
  2. John the Met

John the Met

Hi Damian.
    You said "Humax holding back information doesn't help anybody".
    I'm new to this forum but have owned Humax products for three years and up until recently if I have tried to contact Humax via phone or email they have been prompt with their reply and helpful with information provided.
    Since I bought my HDR 1000S 1TB, direct from Humax I might add, I have tried contacting Humax repeatedly but, frankly, I've given it up as a bad job. Why try to contact? Because of issues with my latest acquisition which are exercising many on this forum.
    Until recently I thought of Humax as amodel of customer service but how this reputation has changed and in what appears to be a very short time.
    Humax have been at the tuner/PVR game for some time and you would have thought that they would have got it cracked and put in a suitable period prior to going to market to allow for exhaustive "bench testing" by people that have knowledge and experience of the product.
    So what has changed? Anything I say is speculation but I believe the following:
    1. There could have been company policy decision to "streamline" which of course usually means fewer feet on the ground.
    2. Humax have taken on too much in a short period of time and and with a "get it out for the Christmas rush" syndrome people are "suffering", people? The people that are keeping Humax in business.
    All of the emails I have sent to Humax (still no reply) have been sent to Which?, these will be used as background by their researchers so this current situation could very well impact on Humax in regard to their future sales as potential customers are put off my doubtful after sales service.
    I presume that those in "Humax towers" are aware of the wider world so they should be aware that their reputation is sliding and once it is lost it is very difficult to retrieve.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 14:11:43 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.