My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Mirror Kindle Fire HDX to TV thru FVP-4000T

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

I want to 'transfer' live streaming on my Kindle Fire HDX to my TV. My understanding is that the capability of the TV is irrelevant and that the issue to resolve is the 'connection' between the Fire and my FVP-4000T - is this correct? Assuming this is correct, I first looked at a connection, using an MHL adaptor and HDMI cable, but Amazon inform me that the Fire is NOT MHL enabled, so that closed that option. So now I am looking at the Fire's 'Display Mirroring' facility, which I am told is a wireless connection using Miracast, hoping that the FVP-4000T is Miracast enabled. However, when I tap on 'Display Mirroring' on my Fire, the resulting search for compatible devices finds none! This seems to suggest that the FVP-4000T is NOT Miracast compatible - can anyone confirm this for me please. And finally if this is the case, can any of you technical wizards suggest an alternative solution.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 16:08:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I am assuming the FVP4000T is like the G2 Freesat boxes. It can't actually mirror your tablet screen rather it requires the tablet to be running a cast enabled app. Try running Youtube on your tablet and clicking on the little TV screen. The 4000T should be on the list of compatible devices and clicking on it lets the box take over the Youtube display directly, your tablet is now just acting as a Youtube remote, you can add other videos to it for the 4000T to play next or immediately.

You would most likely have more capability if you add a Google Chromecast (Now £20.00) to a TV HDMI in or a AV receiver HDMI in, if you have on.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 16:18:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

Thanks Grahamlthompson for your swift reply - I just tried YouTube on the Fire and I cannot see a little TV screen anywhere!! Also ran it on my PC to see if any different, but no little TV screen there either. What am I doing wrong?

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 16:59:57 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeineasenhall - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks Grahamlthompson for your swift reply - I just tried YouTube on the Fire and I cannot see a little TV screen anywhere!! Also ran it on my PC to see if any different, but no little TV screen there either. What am I doing wrong?

Possibly nothing, the Amazon Fire Tablet tends to be somewhat locked down.

Not having either the tablet or the Freeview Play box somewhat batting in the dark. Barry will likely have Youtube on a Android device and can confirm it works with say a smart phone or tablet. Do you have a smart phone of any sort ?

The screen appears when you play back a video at the top right hand of the screen. I take it you can play back Youtube on the tablet ?

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:04:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

Bear with me Graham I have just been playing with YouTube and found something in Account Settings about 'connected TVs' so I will explore that further

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:09:31 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeineasenhall - 50 seconds ago  » 
    Bear with me Graham I have just been playing with YouTube and found something in Account Settings about 'connected TVs' so I will explore that further

Is there no screen icon when you play back a video top right of the playback screen ?

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2995235?hl=en-GB

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:11:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

I can confirm that you can cast a youtube video from an android phone to the tv via fvp4000t

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:16:54 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 1 minute ago  » 
    I can confirm that you can cast a youtube video from an android phone to the tv via fvp4000t

Thanks for that, I would have been surprised if you could not.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:18:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

OK guys, being a YouTube novice it took a little searching but I did it and can now cast YouTube videos to the fvp4000t - thank you! But now I still would like to know how to 'transfer' live streaming (which is not YouTube) on my Kindle Fire HDX to my TV.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:20:51 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeineasenhall - 29 minutes ago  » 
    OK guys, being a YouTube novice it took a little searching but I did it and can now cast YouTube videos to the fvp4000t - thank you! But now I still would like to know how to 'transfer' live streaming (which is not YouTube) on my Kindle Fire HDX to my TV.

Does the Kindle Fire box have hdmi or mhl outputs ?

Where does the live streaming come from and is it within a web browswer like Chrome ?

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 17:51:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.