My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Mirror Kindle Fire HDX to TV thru FVP-4000T

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

grahamlthompson - 5 minutes ago  » 

mikeineasenhall - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Does the Kindle Fire box have hdmi or mhl outputs ?
    Where does the live streaming come from and is it within a web browswer like Chrome ?

My Kindle Fire HDX only has one port, which is Micro-B USB - and a very lengthy online chat with various Amazon customer service (?) people concluded with them saying it was not MHL enabled.

The Fire's method of mirroring its display to a TV is a wireless connection to a Miracast-compatible TV, hence my question as to whether the fvp4000t was Miracast enabled.

I am trying to cast from a live TV streaming site on an Amazon Silk browser.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:04:55 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

Nearly got the 'quote' bit right - first time I have used it!!

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:07:05 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeineasenhall - 14 minutes ago  » 

mikeineasenhall - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Where does the live streaming come from and is it within a web browswer like Chrome ?

My Kindle Fire HDX only has one port, which is Micro-B USB - and a very lengthy online chat with various Amazon customer service (?) people concluded with them saying it was not MHL enabled.
    The Fire's method of mirroring its display to a TV is a wireless connection to a Miracast-compatible TV, hence my question as to whether the fvp4000t was Miracast enabled.

Which only leaves a miracast adaptor plugged into the TV. Not all content would be streamable. Suggest you install Google Chrome and the Chromecast app. Order the chromecast from Amazon if it fails to work you can simply return it.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:21:47 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

Which only leaves a miracast adaptor plugged into the TV. Not all content would be streamable. Suggest you install Google Chrome and the Chromecast app. Order the chromecast from Amazon if it fails to work you can simply return it.

I really appreciate your help Graham - thanks again.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:45:42 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeineasenhall

Got the quote bit wrong again - sorry guys!!

But this is a great resource for technically 'nearly there' (rather than technically 'savvy') people like me.

Thanks again.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:55:00 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeineasenhall - 36 seconds ago  » 
    Got the quote bit wrong again - sorry guys!!
    But this is a great resource for technically 'nearly there' (rather than technically 'savvy') people like me.
    Thanks again.

Let us know you get on with a Chromecast if you try one, as the info could be useful to other forum members.

At the new price of £20.00 (was £30.00) last week it's a bargain as the pictures are great.

Plenty of reviews on the internet.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 18:58:20 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I've never tried to cast to the fvp4000t before now; however on the latest software 1.01.49, my experience casting from windows 10:
    HD works for about 5 secs.
    SD works, no problem with video, but no sound.

some of the older kindles have mini hdmi and my experience connected directly via hdmi cable, demand 5 (online Channel5) couldn't get through the compulsory adverts. The advert contained some sort of pop up to click on to access the advertised product and this would crash the app. 4OD - recognised kindle was plugged into external display and refused to work except on device display. Presumably worried about being able to copy off hdmi output.

I assume you don't want to stream netfix as that's already on the fvp4000t, which leaves amazon tv. The fire stick ~£25 plugs into the tv and I'd imagine it'd do what you're looking for.
    The fvp4000t will play back HD from NAS etc., but casting to it I would imagine will always be hit and miss

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 19:28:21 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.