My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missed end of Women's US Open Tennis Final

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardR

While watching C4 F1 sprint race on chase play, it was announced that the Women's Tennis Final would follow the current programme. So I set the Tennis to record from the guide and continued to watch the F1 coverage. When it finished I played the Tennis recording on chase play. The match hadn't yet started so I'd missed nothing except some chat.
    Watched the first set and part of the second, and we decided to retire for the evening. Today I continued watching an enthralling second set as far as Raducanu getting the trainer on, and then the recording stopped.
    What happened to the broadcast at that point? I can't imagine the match coverage was aborted at that point in the proceedings. Did anybody watch the end live on C4?

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 18:01:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Yes, it continued for probably another 30 minutes approximately.
    What probably happened is C4 didn't update the crid (that was for the Deadpool movie it was replacing) and the Humax just cut off at the scheduled movie end.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 18:11:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 47 mins ago  » 
    Yes, it continued for probably another 30 minutes approximately.
    What probably happened is C4 didn't update the crid (that was for the Deadpool movie it was replacing) and the Humax just cut off at the scheduled movie end.

No that is simply wrong. The problem is that the FVP-4000T/5000T models do not check the metadata often enough for late changes to the broadcast schedule. It irritates me immensely that the HDR-FOX T2 does a good job of making recordings in situations where the schedule is changing close to and during a broadcast but the FVP models will just ignore the changes. I reported this to Humax a long time ago giving data for simultaneous recordings on both boxes and got an acknowledgement from Humax that the problem had been passed to the software development team but ultimately nothing happened.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 19:04:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Surely then, I am only half wrong
    Because I had Deadpool scheduled to record and it was only at about 10pm that I noticed that my 4000t was recording C4HD and I cancelled/deleted.
    If the box had checked the metadata more frequently then presumably it would have cancelled that schedule? So my box was recording the right channel at the right time but the wrong programme, based on old data?
    Perhaps we could call it a Morecambe Recording?
    How often do they actually check/update?

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 20:48:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.