My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missed ending of programmes

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

I'm really confused why the last two minutes of mr selfridges was not recorded tonight. There wasn't anything in the planner, so no conflict.

This has happened before, so I've added a 2 minute padding to the end. But why would it stop recording?

| Sun 20 Jan 2013 23:20:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dinkybluebug - 2 hours ago  » 
    This has happened before, so I've added a 2 minute padding to the end. But why would it stop recording?

Dancing on Ice which preceded Mr Selfridges overran so I guess the end of Mr Selfridges was also late. This is a situation where having no padding or more padding might have worked better.

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 1:33:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

It was originally set to auto. I changed it to two mins padding after the missed ending.

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 9:16:54 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dinkybluebug - 2 hours ago  » 
    It was originally set to auto. I changed it to two mins padding after the missed ending.

If the programme over runs more than 2 minutes you will lose the end, whereas if set to auto and the broadcaster gets it right it will continue to record to the actual end.

In this case the broadcaster screwed up, the recording is cut short on both a Foxsat-hdr and a HDR-1000S.

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 11:35:44 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.