My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missed recording / odd behaviour

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jefferp

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can offer any insight for the following:

Topboy was planned for CH4HD (series link), showed in planner for Tuesday 27 Aug, 9pm. Was watching BBC2HD, which had been "paused" for 10 minutes or so, finished programme (Bake Off) at 21:10 (ish), went to recordings to watch Topboy.

Not recorded.

Changed channel to C4HD, and could not pause prog.
    When Topboy finished, changed channel to BBC1HD and could pause again.
    The planner has updated to show TopBoy scheduled for September 3.

Software is .59

I factory reset this 1000s at the .54 update (I expected to lose recorded programs, but this did not happen).

Appreciate any comments.
    Paul

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 9:30:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jefferp

I wonder if I just have a faulty box, I don't see the problems I experience being reported on any other forums.

Used Topboy as a test again last night. No other recording scheduled. Put box into "pause" 5 minutes before recording scheduled. Came back 15 minutes later, Topboy was 10 minutes into program. Could not rewind.

Went to recording, Topboy was showing as recording, selected to play, returned "File Format Not Supported".

Am at a bit of a loss with the box. Was an early adopter, accepted that there would be issues, but now they seem to have been ironed out and I still have low confidence that my box will actually record...

Any suggestions appreciated, but I think returning the unit for a replacement might be my only option now.

Thanks.

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 9:24:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Paul,

I didn't reply to this as I don't have a 1000s, however it did sound like there was only one satellite cable connected. This would cause similar problems with all programmes though not just Topboy.
    Have you tested this with other C4HD programmes?

If it's not the cable, then I'd try another factory reset, it's not a bad idea to do this after every software update, although it's a pain losing settings.

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to offer better advice

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 9:36:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jefferp

Thanks Damian.

System info shows both cables connected with good signal, and I've once before tried recording 2 channels based on advice in other threads I'd read (I think one was fashion TV or something similar), and the recordings were successful.

Willing to factory reset again, not such a big deal.

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 9:41:59 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would guess that a paused programme holds one tuner and the buffer (which it would need to). Were you watching all the time? Were there any conflict messages or failed entries in recordings?

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 10:21:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jefferp

I wasn't watching when I left the unit in pause, only when I looked 15 minutes later and saw that the programme was showing. Couldn't rewind though.

No failed recording either. The planner showed the programme recording, but when I selected to play, the "File Format Not Supported" message showed.

cheers,
    Paul

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 11:53:14 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have seen the "File Format Not Supported" once or twice) out of many hundreds of recordings - it is ages since I saw it last. It sounds like it did record but somehow the header is in error. It could be due to almost anything from a mains spike to jet passing overhead.

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 12:07:43 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.