My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missed recordings

(15 posts)
  1. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I had the same thing last night with 3 programmes that I recorded. All said they had failed due to power fail and we had no power cut at home.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 16:18:53 #11 |
  2. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

@spitty - do you have Remote Recording enabled? I just ask because I had it enabled when my recordings failed a few weeks ago. Haven't had a failed recording since then, but turned it back on the other day and have had 3 failed recordings since.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 16:20:01 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

@mhargreaves I'm going to bet that you also using the wireless adapter to connect to your network.

I found out the other week, after leaving the unit on (no standby) for a week, that the wireless adapter had completely disconnected from the network - and couldn't even find any networks when scanning (until the unit was put into standby for a few minutes).

I've also noticed that failed recordings / reboots tend to occur on the hour or half hour - and I have remote recording set to update every half hour.

Conclusion - if the unit is in standby, with remote recording enabled, a wireless network connection, and a recording is scheduled to start at around the same time a remote recording update is due, it will almost certainly fail. And it looks like the flaky wireless is the culprit.

I've switched to using a wired connection, and so far, haven't had any problems.

If you can, use a wired network connection. If you have to use wireless, I recommend disabling remote recording.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 20:46:35 #13 |
  4. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I'm using a wired connection and have still had the problem so I don't think it's the wireless that is the culprit. Will do some experiments.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 23:33:01 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

All I can say is that my FVP has been stable since I switched to a wired connection.

There are a couple of additional possibilities here:

1) If the reboot is triggered by the response to internet access, rather than the adapter / driver, then a slow / unreliable internet connection might trigger it even with a wired connection.

2) The latest update (couple of days ago) addresses an issue with the the HDD not being recognised on wake. If you have a failure in standby, it might be related to this. In the previous firmware, I often got an unrecognised HDD if it was due to start a recording from standby, at the same time as the remote recording update - which suggests that there may be issues if the box is trying to do too much at once.

Nut I would say that using a wireless connection causes more problems, at least with the first remote recording firmware.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 21:48:22 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.