My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

missed recordings (series record)

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrSloth

Hi

We've had our Humax HDR-1000S for 10 days or so now and although the experience has generally been great, we've found that at least 4 recordings have been missed. After making the decision to change from our aging (but reliable) Sky+ box, we really need to know that we can count on the HDR-1000S not to miss recordings.

Each of the missed recordings has been part of a series record. If I look at the planned recordings section, these programmes are still listed (but the next episode). We've tried deleting the planned recordings and setting them up again, but this has made no difference.

Seems that we can only rely on single programme recordings at the moment.

Missed programmes have been:

• The Thick of It, BBC2 HD
    • Downton Abbey (2 episodes), ITV HD
    • Tales from the Wild Wood

Is this a known issue? Is there any more information you'd like from me?

thanks

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 15:56:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Of the three only recorded Downton which recorded OK.

Can you try tuning to channel 407 and display the signal strength/quality. (settings - system information - signal info). What does the box say about tuner 1 signal strength and quality).

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 16:07:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

Two days on the trot now Neighbours lunchtime has failed to record on Ch5 displaying failed recording. Interestingly when I set up the box to record this Saturdays MOTD I got a message at top of screen confirming a record setting for Neighbours. Bit strange. I'll check 407 and report back my strength. Should be good on a 80cm dish living in the south.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 20:41:17 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

strength does not count for much - quality really matters.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 20:46:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrSloth

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 
    Can you try tuning to channel 407 and display the signal strength/quality. (settings - system information - signal info). What does the box say about tuner 1 signal strength and quality).

Hi

Tuned to channel 407 (why that one?) and tuner 1 signal strength says it's good. Oddly though, tuner 2 says no signal! Is that my problem? If so, it's a bit odd as tuner 1 and 2 were both reading good when I first set the box up. Cables are connected fine too.

Edit: should've read this post about the tuner 2 signal!

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 22:25:54 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrSloth - 39 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 

Hi
    Tuned to channel 407 (why that one?) and tuner 1 signal strength says it's good. Oddly though, tuner 2 says no signal! Is that my problem? If so, it's a bit odd as tuner 1 and 2 were both reading good when I first set the box up. Cables are connected fine too.
    Edit: should've read this post about the tuner 2 signal!

Because 407 is on the freesat home transponder. Problems getting this transponder especially from users of Sky boxes is a very common problem. Worth a try, clearly not an issue here

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 23:08:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

westcandace

We had this recording problem missing series links and not recording at all.
    We stopped recording in HD and set all future recordings in SD and the problem has been resolved.
    Hope it works for you,

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 21:58:42 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

westcandace - 16 minutes ago  » 
    We had this recording problem missing series links and not recording at all.
    We stopped recording in HD and set all future recordings in SD and the problem has been resolved.
    Hope it works for you,

I hardly ever record SD and only from channels that are SD only. No problems for me. Must be some underlying problem, possibly dish alignment.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 22:16:18 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.