My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missing channel 50 in EPG

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonib

Today (9/3/24) the EPG on my Humax 5000T lost channel 5- Great TV checking back it stopped at 6a.m. although it was sill possible to view the channel's current program but no information available. My LG TV Freeview TV Guide had the EPG details correctly. I tried my usual solution of making sure the missing channel was the current one on the PVT & waiting for the Guide to populate. However this didn't work.

Having done various google searches I landed up at this forum which had a relevant thread https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-epgs-not-displaying-properly
    I tried the various suggestions including Smart Tune, Auto tune & finally when I remembered that auto tune picks the wrong mast for me and did a manual tune.

However still no joy, I then followed the suggestion to delete some unwanted channels from my system but nothing. As I wanted to try & reschedule, even if manually) some of the future recordings I had lost by re-tuning I looked at the TV Guide on Freeview.co.uk and got a big surprise & a probable solution.

The TV guide for Channel 50 was blank from 6a.m.!!!! As was mentioned in the afore mentioned thread that there could be differences between where devices get their EPG from it seems that Humax uses the same as Freeview.co.uk so I thought I'd post this here for information & a possible source to check EPGs for other readers when having EPG problems.

As its the weekend I can't effectively contact anyone at Freeview/GreatTV/Humax so I'll keep a check on the situation until Monday & see if it changes before raising the issue with them. In the meantime I'll try to make sure I watch live anything I particularly want. I'll also post a link to this in that thread.

| Sat 9 Mar 2024 20:14:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Toni,

Welcome to the forum. Same status on my TVs EPG. My guess they are getting ready to either close channel or updating ch50 with another channel? Lots of news recently of several Freeview channels closing. John L

| Sat 9 Mar 2024 20:20:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonib

Thanks for the welcome John,

GreatTV are still advertising Freeview Channel 50 as somewhere to watch it on their website. However they have also launched their own (limited) player so you could be right about their plans. However they have provided the information to whoever produces the EPG for LG as its on my TV's Freeview EPG!!

| Sat 9 Mar 2024 20:35:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ricinus

Like above, the EPG info for this channel is missing today on my Panasonic TV and was last weekend too.
    It was normal during the week.

| Sat 9 Mar 2024 23:07:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonib

Thanls Ricinus,

It does look like there are issues with this channel's TV Guide on various brands EPG. Interestingly channel 62 (Great TV+1) has some programmes intermittently on freeview.co.uk & these match the ones I have on the Humax.

This is the first time it has been missing on my Humax but I suppose that it could be that channel 50 is usually the one it is left on when powering off on the remote each night. I understand that is not a full power off but putting it in standby & perhaps the EPG is therefore held onto so that on previous weekends it hadn't refreshed but the 8 days had run out by this weekend. Sorry not describing that well.

| Sun 10 Mar 2024 0:27:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Yes, the EPG data is missing on a variety of TV and boxes. I did message GTV on Facebook a few days ago. Other than an automated reply, nothing else

| Sun 10 Mar 2024 1:34:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonib

Thanks Mick,
    At least if anyone looks here this thread may save them going through all the retunes power offs & rescheduling that I tried!
    I'll look at trying to contact them and perhaps freeview. If I get any response I'll update here.

| Sun 10 Mar 2024 3:52:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonib

As had been suggested earlier in this thread the Humax EPG for channel 50 was available from sometime on Monday 11/3/24 as it also was on the Freeview website.

I was out all day 11/4 but today (12/4) I rang the freeview advice line and got a very helpful person. Apparently they are aware of this issue, they hadn't had the data to publish & that it has happened before, not necessarily the same channel(s) & are working with companies to get it resolved so that the EPGs contain all data.

However it was suggested that the more information they get when this problem (or similar) occurs the better so advised that people contact them when the freeview.co.uk tv-guide is missing data. This can be done via the freeview advice phone line 03456 505050 Monday-Friday 9a.m. to 5p.m. or via their webchat which I found popped up on freeview.co.uk/help which is available Monday-Saturday 11a.m. to 8p.m.

| Tue 12 Mar 2024 17:39:33 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.