My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax EPGs not displaying properly

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

I have a 4000T, a 5000T and a 9300. The EPG on all three is no longer populating properly on all three, yet the EPGs on the connected TVs to all of these units work seamlessly. This coincides with the BBC News changes recently made on the Nottingham transmitter which is about 5.5 miles from where I live. I have tried everything including factory resetting the units, clearing the cookies and so on. I have attenuated the aerial connection so that the signal strength is below 90% and the signal quality is 100%.I have timers switching the FPV units on at 7am and Off at 7:15 set to channel 101 at 20 volume all of which makes no difference. I can have an EPG looking fairly populated for the next 3 or 4 hours then five minutes later its empty! I might as well get a paper system going reminding me to watch stuff on catch up rather than recording it - which kind of defeats the object.
    I can not get my head round the fact that the Sony EPGs on two of my TVs and the one on my cheap bedroom TV all work perfectly but none of the Humax ones populate how they are supposed to, but have all worked excellently in the past. Any ideas anyone?

| Mon 29 Jan 2024 18:54:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Oy You - 28 mins ago  » 
    I have a 4000T, a 5000T and a 9300. The EPG on all three is no longer populating properly on all three, yet the EPGs on the connected TVs to all of these units work seamlessly. This coincides with the BBC News changes recently made on the Nottingham transmitter which is about 5.5 miles from where I live.

So have you retuned the PVRs? For the 4000T and 5000T I would suggest doing an auto tune with the Smart Tune option off.

| Mon 29 Jan 2024 19:24:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The EPG on the 5000T (which is the same software as the 4000T) is notoriously unreliable, as long as you are only talking about gaps, not completely missing. I have a 5000T and often see this. In the case of the catch-up EPG, yes clearing cookies often helps, but rarely with the future EPG.

As for the comparison with the the Sony TVs, they may (I don't know) get their EPGs from a different source, so could be more reliable for that reason.

So you may be hunting for a solution for the Humax boxes which we would all like to see.

| Mon 29 Jan 2024 21:19:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

A1944 thanks very much for your response, factory resetting the units which has happened several times in the last few days forces a full retune, but I've retuned them (without smart) several times as well. In fact I can input all of the series recordings from memory on one of the units (the 4000T which is the one I use) without referring to the photographs! Not so the one my wife uses (5000T) so that has only been reset once. I'm puzzled because up until the recent local transmitter change, the all worked very well, I had the power on power off routine set up on them and you could go to them any time of day and get a full 8 days EPG on them with the odd gap which is synonymous with Humax machines. Not so now, sometimes they have a few hours of BBC and nothing else, and sometimes I get it where BBC 1 has nothing in it and ITX 1 has 3 days worth, I never get a full week with the odd gap!If I manage to fix it I'll post it on here.

| Tue 30 Jan 2024 11:42:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

Martin Liddle, thanks, yes I've done none smart retunes on the 5000 T and the 4000 T and that didn't cure it, I've done none smart retunes, I've retuned with no aerial connection to wipe all the channels and retuned with it back in as well but it doesn't make any difference. Please see my reply to A1944 for a fuller response. Thanks again.

| Tue 30 Jan 2024 11:48:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 14 hours ago  » 
    As for the comparison with the the Sony TVs, they may (I don't know) get their EPGs from a different source, so could be more reliable for that reason.

What alternative source do you think Sony could be using? It seems very unlikely to me.

| Tue 30 Jan 2024 11:54:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Martin Liddle - 21 mins ago  » 

A1944 - 14 hours ago  » 

What alternative source do you think Sony could be using? It seems very unlikely to me.

I don’t know. I just had a vague recollection that there may be more than one source available from somewhere. Hence the “don’t know” in my previous reply.

| Tue 30 Jan 2024 12:18:29 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oy You

A1944. I don't know anything about EPGs, the Humax boxes are advertised as having 8 day EPGs that are easy to use in regard to recording individual and series linked programmes. They used to work and they should still work. If there is a broadcasting issue with the Humax TV guide then I couldn't be expected to resolve that and I'd be looking to Humax to sort it out. I mentioned that the EPGs on the TV boxes work fine because I'm trying to establish if it's a broadcasting issue that I cant be expected to resolve, and everything points to that being the case. My next decision is whether to put up with it and see if it gets resolved or dump the Humax boxes and let them never let any of their products darken my door again!

| Tue 30 Jan 2024 12:52:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

As you are now describing symptoms more severe than I have seen then I don’t think there is anything much I can add, except to say that here in the Crystal Palace transmitter coverage my 5000T is showing a good EPG most of the time.

| Tue 30 Jan 2024 15:53:02 #9 |
  10. prking

prking

Martin Liddle - 6 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 14 hours ago  » 

There are several programme guides available. The basic now and next system, the free view 7 day programme guide.

There are then various enhancements which ads further information, longer time periods, backwards epg etc

There are then complete replacements that don't rely in the Freeview EPG at all.

| Tue 30 Jan 2024 18:31:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.