My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missing channels on Humax HDR1100S

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LucindaSue

We have recently lost some of our channels, most notably ITV (103), BBC2HD (102), BBC1HD (106) and BBC4(107) as well as some of the lower channels 158, 159 etc.
    We changed the LNB in the first instance but this made no difference. We have tried another box and the same channels are missing. We have remade all the ends on the 2 cables and no difference.
    We have noticed on the signal strength that, on the channels we can get, Tuner 1 has intermittently NO SIGNAL and GOOD/NORMAL. Tuner 2 consistently has GOOD/NORMAL.
    We are thinking there may be a break in the cable (both of which are buried). If that is the case, would replacing the cable restore our missing channels?
    Thanks in advance.
    We are in France 24230 region picking up London regional programs.

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 8:10:07 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly I note that you mention two cables - can you confirm that you have a HDR-1000S and not a single tuner HB model.

I would suggest that you firstly swap the cables. The most probable cause of your problem is a poorly fitted F connector on one cable which must complete an good electrical circuit to the LNB. The F connector should be tight on the cable and these come in quite a few sizes and should match the cable used.

It is also possible that the problem could be at the connector at the LNB end, however try the Humax end first.

Cable problems are very rare except at the connectors.

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 10:04:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LucindaSue

Thank you Repassac. Yes, we have the double tuner model - the name on the paperwork is HDR1100S.

We have tried swapping cables and changing the F connectors - even remaking the ends of the cables but the problem persists. I must admit that the cable that is giving the problem is the older of the two hence why I queried a possible break in the cable.

Would the quality of the LNB itself (even though it is new) be a factor? We usually buy the cheaper ones as they often get wrecked by the hot weather and the hailstorms we suffer.

Thank you for you help, it's very kind of you.

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 10:42:27 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Admin: please move to HDR-1000S Forum. Admin note: Done

From the map you are about 150km north of me.
    It is better to have the good cable on tuner 1 as this is used more frequently.

The quality of the LNB should not really be a factor, however I prefer the Inverto Black Ultra. you mentioned you changed the LNB - I have seen a new LNB fail in a few weeks.

Can you check out your missing channels here locate each of your missing channels then look up to the shaded line, Note the if the Frequency is below or above 11,700. This will reveal if it is a common LNB problem where loss of Low or High switching is perhaps the most common problem.

I would also try flexing the cable while tuned to a missing channel if this makes and breaks the connection it does localise the problem.

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 12:10:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

LucindaSue

Solved! Thank you very much for your help.

The cable that was in to Tuner 1 must be damaged as we have replaced it and a signal started coming through.
    The missing channels were very simply due to the fact that our dish had very slightly moved - it is on a pole the other side of a very large tree - due to the pole being slightly flexed either over time or maybe due to soil movement.
    Anyway, thank you again for your help.

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 14:19:46 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Glad to hear it is solved.
    Trees to grow and if one spring you get problems I recommend a site called https://www.dishpointer.com/ Enter 28.2E in the satellite and your address. You will be able drag the dish to the exact spot and it will draw a line pointing to the satellite. If you know the distance to the tree it can indicate how tall it must be to obstruct.

Best wishes to another Brit in France.

| Mon 20 Jul 2020 15:19:28 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.