My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missing shows - sometimes they're just hiding!

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nick25

This might be of help to someone. I'm a sucker for Shipping Wars but when I sat down to watch it last night all the episodes had gone! I thought that perhaps I had hit 'delete series' instead of 'delete episode' (why the hell are those 2 options so close?!?) but with no 'deleted shows' option I had no way of checking.

I then noticed that I had 24 Episodes of 'Four in a Bed' recorded. I went in to delete them and there were my shipping wars!

So if you ever find a season or two missing from your Humax, maybe have a look around and check inside other groups of shows.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 11:54:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nick25

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 11:55:45 #2 |
  3. andyfras

andyfras

I think that it's when a show starts early; the Humax picks the name from the EPG, which is the previous show. If it just waited a few minutes before checking the name, the problem wouldn't arise.

I used to see this a lot when I used padding, but I've turned that off now that the broadcasters seem to be getting better at providing more accurate start and stop triggers.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 13:48:57 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andyfras - 12 minutes ago  » 
    I think that it's when a show starts early; the Humax picks the name from the EPG, which is the previous show. If it just waited a few minutes before checking the name, the problem wouldn't arise.
    I used to see this a lot when I used padding, but I've turned that off now that the broadcasters seem to be getting better at providing more accurate start and stop triggers.

If you look at the structure of the .hmt files from earlier boxes which allow these to be examined. The .hmt contains multiple sections with the first one containing the current programme name in now next. Where you overide the auto start when this data changes to the desired content the programme picks up the previous name. Where these can be examined in detail the correct name can be deduced. Seems the logic within the Humax application isn't clever enough to deduce the correct file name for the majority of the programme content.

This info may be of interest to some

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/HMT_File_Format

Seems the OP must be using auto padding or manual recordings.

| Thu 21 Apr 2016 14:09:52 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.