My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Missing the end of Top Gear again

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

slimmillipede

I was pleased to see that Top Gear was back on Sunday. I set my 9200T to record the series and sat down to watch the first episode on Monday evening. All was fine until the recording finished 2-3 minutes before the end!

I have noticed this with other programmes but it has certainly happened with previous series of Top Gear. Is it just me or do other people have this problem too? Are there thousands of people watching the last 3 minutes on iPlayer?

I thought that the broadcaster send start and end signals for the programmes, which presumably should be accurate and up to date. Does the 9200 not work this way or is the BBC not sending the signals at the right time?

I know that the EPG shows Top Gear as running from 8-9pm but it actually runs for more than 62 minutes. Perhaps the 9200 actually runs from the EPG.

Can anyone explain please? And hopefully offer me a solution.

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 9:59:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

spospe

I have the same problem and have previously put it down to other recordings starting before the present one ends.

Other than the broadcaster sending the end signal before the end of the program, I have no idea as to the cause. You could always change the recording timing so as to allow an additional 10 minutes or so, but that means losing the Accurate Recording facility of accomodating changed program times.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 16:32:40 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

spospe - 21 hours ago  » 
    You could always change the recording timing so as to allow an additional 10 minutes or so, but that means losing the Accurate Recording facility of accomodating changed program times.

Make sure you are not receiving from more than one transmitter and have no channels in the 800s.
    You can of course use 'Accurate Recording' and still manually pad one or more individual programmes (in this instance Top Gear) without losing the global setting, but you would have to set the recording as a weekly repeat rather than a series.

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 14:33:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

spospe

aldaweb - 3 hours ago  » 

spospe - 21 hours ago  » 
    You could always change the recording timing so as to allow an additional 10 minutes or so, but that means losing the Accurate Recording facility of accomodating changed program times.

Make sure you are not receiving from more than one transmitter and have no channels in the 800s.
    You can of course use 'Accurate Recording' and still manually pad one or more individual programmes (in this instance Top Gear) without losing the global setting, but you would have to set the recording as a weekly repeat rather than a series.

I was unaware that you can 'manually pad' individual programs on a 9200 and not lose the Accurate Recording feature for the rest. Can you please let me know how this is done as I cannot see how to do it on my machine using v23 software?

I have checked and there are no channels at all in the 800 range.

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 18:15:39 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

first set the recording from the EPG as normal.
    Then as per page GB33 of the manual (link)
    Then press Menu select Record then Recording Schedule.
    Scroll down to the event you want to edit and press enter.
    Select Edit and press OK
    Scroll down to start time and adjust with left/right buttons or number buttons. Scroll down and do similar for the end time.
    Down again to repeat and set weekly.
    Scroll down and select Save and press OK

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 15:35:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

slimmillipede

Thanks for the responses, nice to know I'm not quite alone in this problem.

I use the reset procedure to manually tune the humax as I have had problems with multiple transmitters before. So no 800 channels.

After missing the last minute or so again this week I have set the padding for next week. Of course setting the padding means losing the series link, hopefully the BBC won't change the programme time.

| Tue 12 Feb 2013 17:22:06 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.