My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Missing USB dongle messages on 1010S?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidf

A quick question from a prospective buyer - several reviews on the John Lewis site suggest there are messages that occur regularly with the 1010S. I haven't found reports of this on other sites, which leads me to question the accuracy of these reviews

Do the people on this forum have this issue?

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 10:46:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

At the top of the screen on the HDR1000/1010s you sometimes get a somewhat cryptic message about a future series recording. It goes away very quickly. Not sure why it's there, at a guess it's when the series recording schedule is updated. Why it's on screen and what useful purpose it has, not a clue.

If this is what is being referred to it's not really a significant issue.

If as the title suggests it's about a missing dongle I don't have a 1010s so can't help. Perhaps it's a warning that the wireless signal has been lost or very weak (could be a neighbour using the same channel).

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 10:55:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidf

Thanks Graham. I'll be sensible and copy/paste the reviews from John Lewis

"But most annoying of all is that every ten minutes or so a message appears on screen saying USB Wi-Fi dongle disconnected, notwithstanding that this model does not even have or need a USB Wi-Fi dongle. A second later another message says the dongle IS connected. Five seconds later a third message tells you the Wi-Fi is connected. This goes on incessantly, hour after hour. The only time it stops is when you are actually watching a programme via the Wi-Fi, when everything works perfectly. It is now five days since I emailed Humax's help service reporting this problem. I have had no response whatsoever."

and

"this could be a very good product but has a major hardware fault that means a non existent Wifi dongle loading message appears on the screen every 10 minutes. I wonder if this is actually what exists inside this machine"

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 11:05:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Very surprised if this is common, it would surely have been reported here before. I wonder if the poster has tried a factory reset which often fixes odd faults like this one.

Also sounds like the poster hasn't much of a clue, if anything it will be a software fault. The 1010s of course has built in WiFi.

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 11:28:29 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just to add my experience.

Had a 1010S since they were first available.

Just after boot a message appears to confirm Wifi connected never had a disconnect.

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 12:14:20 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.