My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Momentarily loss of picture

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Sorry to be a pain but last night whilst watching a channel the picture went off for a split second. The sound was ok and the green light stayed on. On the screen it showed the TV's mode eg. 1080 etc until the picture came back. I had this problem quite regularly, at least once per week, with my Foxsat HD box. I enquired then and was told it was maybe because of my leads touching etc. It never cured the problem when I had a go at separating them. The only idea I have is that I am on a communal dish. Could this be the problem. Strange it happened with my old box. Any ideas, please. Thanks.

| Tue 20 Sep 2016 12:01:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Strangely similar is happening on my HDR1000S, which leads me to suspect it's a problem at the broadcaster or satellite uplink station losing the video for a short period. Sometimes the home screen pops up all by itself as well.

| Tue 20 Sep 2016 12:44:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Yes, watching Big Bang Theory last night and picture & sound suddenly dropped for about 2 or 3 secs. Happens very rarely but does happen.

| Tue 20 Sep 2016 13:45:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Whilst watching 5USA yesterday evening about 8-30, we lost the picture for about a second and ten minutes later a repeat. The sound was OK and the box light was green. It always seems to be on a channel 5. We had a Freesat Foxsat HD before and that occasionally did the same thing. I have mentioned this before and would like to know if others are still experiencing the same problem.

| Fri 14 Oct 2016 9:26:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

This is a recurring problem. Nearly every day after about one hour of viewing the picture disappears for about a second, sound ok and the box green light stays on. I have taken note of the replies which I thank. I emailed Freesat yesterday and got a reply today advising to do a factory reset with the Humax box and it should rectify the problem. I amnot too sure and confident but will try asap. Will post and advise then. I can live with the problem but it is bugging me WHY!!!

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:47:57 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If I turn off my Foxsat-HDR while watching my HDR-1000S you get a glitch every time as the Foxsat switches off LNB power when going into sby. Would likely do same when waking to record. Do you have other kit sharing the lnb ?

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:58:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Graham. I am on a communal satellite dish likewise terrestial. I do have a BluRay player connected with the Humax HB1000S via a splitter connector as I have only one HDMI connector on my Hitachi TV. The BluRay player is switched off until required. Could that be the problem. Regarding the communal dish, I do know that engineers have been out frequently as there has been other complaints (not from myself) for a loss of picture. Could it be the splitter or dish?

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 13:21:46 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patsy - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Graham. I am on a communal satellite dish likewise terrestial. I do have a BluRay player connected with the Humax HB1000S via a splitter connector as I have only one HDMI connector on my Hitachi TV. The BluRay player is switched off until required. Could that be the problem. Regarding the communal dish, I do know that engineers have been out frequently as there has been other complaints (not from myself) for a loss of picture. Could it be the splitter or dish?

Unlikely to be a problem in your home. If everyone is affected my guess would be a bad connection on one of the four cables used to connect the dish quattro lnb to the building multiswitch setup. This would only affect around 25% of the channels depending on which cable is affected.

One for the building management services company, there's nothing you can do other than complain. A log of what channels you were watching or recording at the time may help to track down the likely cable.

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 14:09:39 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Thank you for that. Will follow up and hopefully will let you know a happy outcome.

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 18:03:49 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.