My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

More HD Channels...?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyPandy123

Hi All,

Admittedly this is more of a Freeview question than it is a Humax question, so I hope no-one minds too much that I'm using this platform to ask it.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any ETAs for when more HD Channels would become available via Freeview (or where I can go to find out).

I've currently got access to 4 HD Channels (BBC One HD, ITV1 HD, Channel 4 HD and BBC HD); and although these are great, knowing that so many others exist out there, but not having access to them is a tad frustrating...

I've checked the Freeview website, and searched a little online, but there doesn't appear to be anything lined up - but having said that, there's no information on future ideas/developments that I can find either - so I thought I would see if anyone here might know?

Many thanks,

Andy

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 11:49:35 #1 |
  2. GeeDeeEss

GeeDeeEss

Digital Spy has some news on this topic.

Freeview HD offers four HD channels - BBC One HD, the BBC HD Channel (due to turn into the BBC Two HD under BBC plans), ITV1 HD and Channel 4 HD - but a fifth channel is scheduled to launch in April 2012.

Channel 5 was expected to take the fifth HD channel slot on Freeview, but Richard Desmond's broadcaster has opted against the launch.

This means that the capacity has been handed back to the BBC to decide what to do with the available channel slot, and we are currently awaiting more announcements on this.

digitalspy.co.uk/freeview-hd-sales-top-13m-in-q4-2011

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 12:04:39 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.