My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Mounting a USB stick for recording

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cwilliams

I have a Freesat HDR 1000S and I wanted to record some programs to an external USB device rather than the internal HDD.

I have plugged a USB stick (8GB) in formated as both EXT2 and FAT32.

The USB stick is recognised and when I go into Settings -> System Settings -> Storage I can see the USB stick listed under HDD.

When I choose the USB device I am prompted to format the drive (or eject it) - there is no option to just use it. When I choose the format option, I see an error that says the device cannot be formatted.

If anyone has seen this or knows how to fix the issue I would really appreciate some tips.

What I really want to do is copy files off the HDD onto the USB drive but it appears this is not possible on the 1000S. If anyone knows if Humax are looking to extend this ability to the 1000S in the future I might just wait until this is possible.

Many thanks

Chris

| Sun 11 Aug 2013 12:40:07 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

cwilliams - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have a Freesat HDR 1000S and I wanted to record some programs to an external USB device rather than the internal HDD............

Not currently possible - you can only record to the internal HD. Currently, to protect copywrite, only files that you have imported can be exported.

| Sun 11 Aug 2013 13:45:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cwilliams

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

| Sun 11 Aug 2013 14:47:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

Yes, I remember speaking to Humax about this and they told me it was to stop copyright infringement. I Have my old DVD recorder linked up to my TV and Humax box and use that to record onto DVD's if I want to transport any recordings.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 12:06:40 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.