My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

mp4 Video inverted

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zmsc1

I recorded some video on my phone in its native mp4 format and copied it to the download folder on my FVP4000T using FTP. The video plays full screen but upside down. The original on my Mac plays the right way up. I assume the mp4 spec defines metadata to tell the player which way up the video should play: does anybody know how to hack it?

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 7:29:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Which way up is it if you copy it to a PC and play it back ?

| Fri 9 Dec 2016 10:18:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zmsc1

I copied the file to my Windows 10 PC, and it played the right way up, as on my Mac.

I also looked up how to hack the metadata, and found out how to change the rotate setting using ffmpeg. So I did that (changed the "rotate" setting to 180), and on my Mac, the thubnail of the file turned upside down, which seemed right, and I copied the new version to the Humax, confident it would now play correctly. But no, it still plays upside down!

I assume from this that the Humax box ignores the "rotate" value and uses some other method to work out which way up the video is - but gets it wrong!

Can anybody corroborate this? I'd like to report it as a fault, but if I'm the only person that sees the problem, maybe it's something I'm doing wrong.

| Sat 10 Dec 2016 0:07:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

zmsc1

I've now uploaded to the Humax a video taken using my camera rather than my android phone, and that plays the right way up. So it looks like it's my phone (Moto G) that's causing the problem. As I've got a OnePlus 3T on order, I don't think it's worth digging any deeper.

| Sat 10 Dec 2016 0:31:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.