My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Mssg - On Demand is Not Currently Available

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brianhayes

This message comes up when On Demand is selected from the home menu. It has been a transient problem for a few weeks but today is particularly persistent.

What is odd about this is:
    - The box is connected to the internet. It says it is. Reconnecting changes nothing.
    - Powering the box down and back up after a minute has no effect.
    - I have rebooted the router and checked that both agree on the local IP address for the box.
    - Showcase will access On Demand players
    - CatchUp TV will access On Demand players, and not just BBC and ITV. If you are lucky you can rummage about a bit, get to the home screen for these players, and go from there. Can't see how to get YouTube though.
    - TV Portal Apps work - For what it's worth
    - I can even pair my Freesat box to a Freesat account

Through all this the On Demand option in the home menu says the box isn't connected to the internet.

I am loath to try a new setup for the box as I would have to reenter all my scheduled recordings.

A similar but not identical problem to mine appears in numerous posts on numerous sites over a long period of time with no clear answer as to why. This is a great little box. Silly that Humax doesn't fix these problems. Any suggestions for fixes or other workarounds?

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 17:14:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's the same for myself and JamesB and I guess others. I can access catch up using the backwards epg. I will see if I can get Youtube to work on my HDR1000S via my smartphone and post if it does.

I would wait and see what tomorrow brings.

EDIT

Youtube can be accessed via a smartphone or tablet.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 17:24:38 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thread closed, please continue conversation in similar thread already open:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/help-unable-to-use-ondemand-or-showcase/page/58#post-31558

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 18:09:54 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.