My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Multi - room

(11 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cimlaboy - 3 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Are the Youview, freesat and FVP boxes in the same location ?
    Are both TV's the same resolution (eg Full-Hd 1920 x 1080. Can you run a single cat7 network cable from the joint location of the boxes ?
    If one is say A Full-HD TV and the other is a older TV with less than 1080 lines (usually 768 lines). then it will still work but both TV's will have a reduced resolution to match the lowest common one. This is down to the HDCP handshake used to confirm the capability of both displays.
    You can connect the firestick to the spare 4th input on the matrix switch. So you can add this as a source for both TV's.
    Are all the boxes in the same location and connected to the same network ?
    If so you can watch any one locally and a different one remotely all at the same time, or any combination of live TV from any of the 3 connected Boxes.
    Other than the Balun receiver at the remote location and a power supply for it you don't need anything extra.
    Simple example - You can view a recording on one TV, a different recording on the other all at the same time.
    Basically all you need is a single cat 7 cable from the main location with a pair of HDMI baluns plus a 4 in two out HDMI matrix switch.
    All The TV's wil have Full-HD pictures but to get audio you may have to switch the source boxes to output PCM stereo when tuned to a HD channel or replaying a HD recording.
    If the answer is yes, I will help how to do this.

Thanks but I don't think what I'm after should be as complex as this to resolve. I'm unable to run a cat7 cable between locations without disruption.
    My ideal situation is another freeviee/freeplay box in the other room that can read the recordings off the fvp-5000t. I need to keep this as simple as poss for the other half to be able to use

Once setup it's very simple to switch any of the connected sources to be viewable in the other room. Not sure how well two FVP-5000T's can share content using DLNA. If the two work as well as a pair of HDR-Fox-T2's then you can freely view content recorded on either on the other (including HD recordings).

Not at home at the moment. I will photocopy the matrix remote switch and post it later. There is two blocks of 4 buttons One block is for the local TV the other for the remote.

To send same source to both locations you just press the same button in each block. In my setup Button 1 is the HDR-1000S, Button 2 is the FVP-500T Button 3 is the HDR-FOX-T2 and I have a NOW TV stick connected to button 4.

The system is so flexible there's no need for a aerial feed to the remote TV. All viewing is using the single HDMI in port.

| Sat 4 Jan 2020 13:36:27 #11 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.