My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Multi - room

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cimlaboy

I've just got rid of skyq multiroom and bought a humax fvp-5000t and happy with this at the mo.

I've now got around to thinking about configuring a multiroom setup so I can see the recordings from the fvp-5000t in my 2nd room. I've got a firestick in the 2nd room so maybe some app etc could do this

My 2nd requirement is to have a box in the 2nd room with freeview play so the 2 tvs work the same way with similar /same interface. Another humax or other box but no need to be able to record on this one.

Anyone got anything like this set up?

Thanks

| Tue 31 Dec 2019 10:01:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Cimlaboy - 13 hours ago  » 
    I've just got rid of skyq multiroom and bought a humax fvp-5000t and happy with this at the mo.

Ha! I've recently gone the other way and I'm even happier.

| Tue 31 Dec 2019 23:56:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cimlaboy

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

Thanks for your unhelpful post. Glad you're happy. I want prepared to carry on paying when I mostly watch Netflix, prime and free channels.

| Wed 1 Jan 2020 1:16:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cimlaboy

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/playing-fvp4000t-files-on-an-fvp5000t/page/2

Thanks. Really relevant and Interesting read. So from that I get that another fvp-5000t (or similar) will play the recordings from the the current box. Seems to suggest that I'll need another recording device in my 2nd room.

If I get the current device configured as a server so it can be accessed by a 2nd device does this need to be humax or can I do via some other dlna device or app? I'm now wondering if I can configure a firestick using plex or something to read the recordings from the device - this would mean no need to outlay for any kit in 2nd room.

| Wed 1 Jan 2020 9:46:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Cimlaboy - 16 hours ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

Thanks for your unhelpful post. Glad you're happy. I want prepared to carry on paying when I mostly watch Netflix, prime and free channels.

First 12 months was a present which only leaves me paying for 6 months. I also have Youview and Freesat.

| Wed 1 Jan 2020 18:02:24 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are the Youview, freesat and FVP boxes in the same location ?

Are both TV's the same resolution (eg Full-Hd 1920 x 1080. Can you run a single cat7 network cable from the joint location of the boxes ?

If one is say A Full-HD TV and the other is a older TV with less than 1080 lines (usually 768 lines). then it will still work but both TV's will have a reduced resolution to match the lowest common one. This is down to the HDCP handshake used to confirm the capability of both displays.

You can connect the firestick to the spare 4th input on the matrix switch. So you can add this as a source for both TV's.

Are all the boxes in the same location and connected to the same network ?

If so you can watch any one locally and a different one remotely all at the same time, or any combination of live TV from any of the 3 connected Boxes.

Other than the Balun receiver at the remote location and a power supply for it you don't need anything extra.

Simple example - You can view a recording on one TV, a different recording on the other all at the same time.

Basically all you need is a single cat 7 cable from the main location with a pair of HDMI baluns plus a 4 in two out HDMI matrix switch.

All The TV's wil have Full-HD pictures but to get audio you may have to switch the source boxes to output PCM stereo when tuned to a HD channel or replaying a HD recording.

If the answer is yes, I will help how to do this.

| Wed 1 Jan 2020 21:29:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cimlaboy

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Are the Youview, freesat and FVP boxes in the same location ?
    Are both TV's the same resolution (eg Full-Hd 1920 x 1080. Can you run a single cat7 network cable from the joint location of the boxes ?
    If one is say A Full-HD TV and the other is a older TV with less than 1080 lines (usually 768 lines). then it will still work but both TV's will have a reduced resolution to match the lowest common one. This is down to the HDCP handshake used to confirm the capability of both displays.
    You can connect the firestick to the spare 4th input on the matrix switch. So you can add this as a source for both TV's.
    Are all the boxes in the same location and connected to the same network ?
    If so you can watch any one locally and a different one remotely all at the same time, or any combination of live TV from any of the 3 connected Boxes.
    Other than the Balun receiver at the remote location and a power supply for it you don't need anything extra.
    Simple example - You can view a recording on one TV, a different recording on the other all at the same time.
    Basically all you need is a single cat 7 cable from the main location with a pair of HDMI baluns plus a 4 in two out HDMI matrix switch.
    All The TV's wil have Full-HD pictures but to get audio you may have to switch the source boxes to output PCM stereo when tuned to a HD channel or replaying a HD recording.
    If the answer is yes, I will help how to do this.

Thanks but I don't think what I'm after should be as complex as this to resolve. I'm unable to run a cat7 cable between locations without disruption.

My ideal situation is another freeviee/freeplay box in the other room that can read the recordings off the fvp-5000t. I need to keep this as simple as poss for the other half to be able to use

| Sat 4 Jan 2020 9:07:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this...

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/h3/

Not certain if Humax still sell it as it received dreadful reviews from users on this and other forums.

| Sat 4 Jan 2020 9:25:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Pollensa1946 - 37 mins ago  » 
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this...
    https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/h3/
    Not certain if Humax still sell it as it received dreadful reviews from users on this and other forums.

That's why nobody has mentioned it, lol. It's as unreliable as can be.

| Sat 4 Jan 2020 10:04:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.