My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Multiple episodes recorded

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jojo7

I have just acquired a FVP-5000T. I have set the recorder for a series. All have been recorded (e.g 5). It is showing 5 have been recorded but how do I choose which one to play?

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 9:56:05 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jojo7 - 1 min ago  » 
    I have just acquired a FVP-5000T. I have set the recorder for a series. All have been recorded (e.g 5). It is showing 5 have been recorded but how do I choose which one to play?

They all get recorded into a series folder with the name of the Programme.

Press the Freeview Play button. Press right 3 times to highlight recordings.

There are various options on the left hand side to locate your recordings. Programme is the default with the current number of recordings. One off and series folders are shown with the number of recordings in each series recording folder to the right of the dates.

eg I have a folder Named Dragon's Den. Press right and locate a series folder and press OK.

A window opens with the newest episode highlighted in blue. Press left and move up to the episode you want to watch and press OK. The programme synopses appears on the right. Press right to highlight play and press OK. After watching you can use the delete option to delete the episode you just watched.

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 10:06:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jojo7

Thank you. Very obvious now

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 10:14:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jojo7 - 19 mins ago  » 

Thank you. Very obvious now

Enjoy

The 5000T can record up to 4 channels at the same time and even 5 if you know what you are doing.

For best performance. Record from the PSB-HD mux which has BBC1-HD, BBC2-HD, ITV-HD, Channel 4- HD and Channel 5 -HD.

The Humax tuners can each record two channels at the same time from the same Mux (there are 3 of them). The box limits the recordings you set from the epg to 4 and will not schedule a 5th even though the box is capable of recording 5.

Therefore two tuners can easily record 4 of the above at the same time. Also while recording 4 the 5th can be viewed as you still have a spare tuner. Because the viewed channel is buffered to a file on the hard disk (time shift buffer) and this file can be converted to a actual recording by simply pressing the instant record button you can record the 6th as well.

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 10:42:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Assuming you have the RM-L08 remote (though maybe others as well) with your 5000T, a slightly simpler way to get into the Recordings menu is to press the "Recordings" button at the top (between sound mute and Text). No need to go into Freeview Play and pressing right. Takes you to the same place with one button press instead of five.

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 16:36:34 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.