My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Music tags

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sandyw

I have a FVP- 4000T. I play music from a USB source and from my PC server. It all works fine EXCEPT - the screen shows the artwork for the current song - fine. Above is the name of the song - fine. But below it is also the name of the song. Surely one of these should be the name of the artist. Can this be changed/fixed ?

| Fri 15 Nov 2019 23:44:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sandyw - 27 mins ago  » 
    But below it is also the name of the song. Surely one of these should be the name of the artist. Can this be changed/fixed ?

Only by Humax. You could lodge a request with Humax support but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting to see if anything happens.

| Sat 16 Nov 2019 0:13:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I assume the metatags within the track which hold this info are correct?

| Sat 16 Nov 2019 12:32:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sandyw

I have contacted Humax and they confirm there is a 'software problem.' Thank goodness, I thought it was just me. However, they said they would pass it onto their software team with no guarantee. I thought it would be a simple question of fixing the software and including it in the next software update. However, I'm not sure there will be an update soon, or ever.Has anybody got any experience or opinions on what might happen ?

| Sat 23 Nov 2019 16:40:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Don't hold your breath.

| Sat 23 Nov 2019 17:01:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sandyw

Thanks SSThing. What I am really asking are there regular software updates and are they likely to include my 'minor' fix, now that it's been drawn to their attention ?

| Sat 23 Nov 2019 17:04:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The last update was around April and (from what I understand) didn't change much. Updates are few and far between and I imagine will only get fewer (if at all) now that Humax are no longer the main partner for Freeview devices.

| Sat 23 Nov 2019 17:22:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sandyw - 3 days ago  » 
    What I am really asking are there regular software updates and are they likely to include my 'minor' fix, now that it's been drawn to their attention ?

I certainly wouldn't bet on it. Some times software updates appear with a major fix announced and some other problems fixed or minor new features introduced without any notification. In my view the FVP has an awful lot of features that work in a sub optimal way but I am not really expecting Humax to fix them. What I would expect is a new model of box with a bit more CPU power to make it more responsive and some of the irritating issues fixed, but that is pure speculation. However it is certainly true Humax make money by selling boxes and only goodwill from providing software updates.

| Tue 26 Nov 2019 18:57:01 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.