My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

"My 4" not working properly

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Michael WF2

"My 4" - the on demand service from channel 4 doesn't work on my HDR 1000 S.

I tried to watch the Formula 1 Russian GP but at the advert break just before the race actually started the program stopped, the screen went black and then showed the sponsor's logo in broken up form.

| Wed 3 May 2017 11:43:39 #1 |
  2. black knight

black knight

special member

Who is your internet provider?

| Wed 3 May 2017 17:38:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Michael WF2

BT. BBC i player seems to work most of the time.

| Wed 3 May 2017 20:36:32 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Michael WF2 - 10 hours ago  » 
    "My 4" - the on demand service from channel 4 doesn't work on my HDR 1000 S.
    I tried to watch the Formula 1 Russian GP but at the advert break just before the race actually started the program stopped, the screen went black and then showed the sponsor's logo in broken up form.

Channel 4 break their F1 coverage into several programmes, the pre race discussion, the race proper and the post race discussion. Did you simply come to the end of the pre race discussion programme and didn't notice there were more programmes?

| Wed 3 May 2017 22:36:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Michael WF2

No, I had selected the actual race to watch, but it is still preceded by commentators commenting and advertisers advertising.

It was channel 4 's splitting the coverage which caused me to try their catch up service in the first place. The HDR 1000 S was set to "record the series" but failed to record the qualifying and showed that it had only recorded the post race discussion. When I later checked "all recordings" that showed that it had in fact recorded the race, it just didn't appear on "recent recordings".

| Thu 4 May 2017 13:45:40 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Michael WF2 - 3 hours ago  » 
    No, I had selected the actual race to watch, but it is still preceded by commentators commenting and advertisers advertising.
    It was channel 4 's splitting the coverage which caused me to try their catch up service in the first place. The HDR 1000 S was set to "record the series" but failed to record the qualifying and showed that it had only recorded the post race discussion. When I later checked "all recordings" that showed that it had in fact recorded the race, it just didn't appear on "recent recordings".

My partner's 9300 also failed to record the qualifying but did record all race day programmes and loads of practice sessions. Maybe something in the SL coding for qualifying that certain Humax boxes didn't understand.

| Thu 4 May 2017 16:56:55 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.