My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

My AURA Issues - Three weeks of ownership

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

George3G

I bought my AURA unit back in the middle of March, straight away I had various issues with it:

Firstly I kept getting an "FPV-400" issue which meant just after setting the unit up, I then had to reset it and start the setup procedure again.

The PiP seems really difficult to stop and I eventually turned it off all together.

When renaming the AURA unit for casting to, the keyboard would randomly disappear and sometimes a new keyboard would reappear, other times the PiP would even sit in front of the keyboard itself blocking your view of which letter you had selected.

I sometimes randomly lose sound which requires the unit to be restarted to resolve.

I sometimes get a black screen and just sound, to resolve this I have to turn the unit off at the wall.

The last issue I had was when turning the AURA box on, I had a really distorted image flickering on the screen with no way to open a menu screen. Again I had to turn the power off at the wall.

Within the AURA app I also noticed random programs getting added to my schedule and also no way to remove these or programs I had scheduled myself.

I will update this thread with any other faults I come across. Overall I'm pretty disappointed with the unit to the point where I initially wanted to return it as it just felt like it was faulty. It does feel like an unfinished product, but I'm hoping Humax will eventually resolve the issues above.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 7:56:25 #1 |
  2. barrados

barrados

There is a public update release due around about the 19th of this month that should fix your issues and add a lot of more functionality too.
    The beta program updates seem to have resolved most issues.
    Hang in there, it will be worth it.

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:32:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

George3G

barrados - 4 weeks ago  » 
    There is a public update release due around about the 19th of this month that should fix your issues and add a lot of more functionality too.
    The beta program updates seem to have resolved most issues.
    Hang in there, it will be worth it.

Thanks for the reply, I have noticed the box seems much better now with far less issues, but it still isn't perfect:

I am still getting a black screen every now and again when turning the Humax box on.

Sometimes when I try and skip through the adverts whilst recording a program that is currently being broadcast, sometimes I'm randomly taken to the recordings list.

| Sat 8 May 2021 14:28:20 #3 |
  4. barrados

barrados

Occasionally I get a blank screen on powering up, but not sure if its the aura, because turning the tv on off or cycling through hdmi connection fixes it.

| Sat 8 May 2021 15:00:23 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.