My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My Humax box is malfunctioning

(2 posts)
  1. Jimlad

Jimlad

I have been using my Humax HDR 1000S for a long time with no problems. Some months ago I got a message saying 'signal too week...' This seemed to appear after I had been moving up and the programmes on the TV Guide and checking the program information detail. I checked the signal information and for tuner 1 it showed the strength as Good though it wasn't 100%, around 85% and quality as Good - 100%.
    Tuner 2 No signal on both strength and quality.
    Network info showed DHCP and a list of IP addresses.
    Software version UKSFAA 3.00.77
    Loader version UKSFAA 1.08
    Update date: 26 June 2017
    To get back working I found turning the power off then on again sorted it and generally if I didn't do too much searching it work correctly.
    More recently the system randomly reboots sometimes once or twice or some times more. It can mess up my recordings.
    I have checked all my various connections and all are good!
    I fully read a large exchange on this topic posted some time ago finishing about this time last year, which concluded with a Freesat software update sorting it??
    Anyone able to help me?

| Sat 18 Nov 2017 18:27:08 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is important that the signal test is on the same channel as you received the weak signal message.
    Signal on LNB 2 is only of real interest when active and the channel is known.
    I have never heard of a tuner problem (except one water ingression) of a Humax tuner.
    There has been a lot of changes on how Humax reports Tuner 2.
    The channel is all important due to a number of reasons, including polarisation and frequency (possible failing LNB).
    Can you give more details please.

| Sat 18 Nov 2017 21:20:06 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.