My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My Humax HDR-1000S will not record or pause live TV

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sumalj

Hi Everyone. I am not able to record anything on my recently bought 1000s. Any ideas how I can fix it? I have already done a factory reset with no joy. I have been told that re-formatting the hard drive might work. However, there is no option in the menu to re-format the hard drive. Is there are secret menu which allow this. Grateful for any help. Many thanks.

| Sun 30 Dec 2012 20:05:56 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Settings
    System Settings
    Storage
    HDD

and then select the Start Format option.

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 1:13:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sumalj

Dear Barry,

Many thanks for your quick response. I tried navigating through the menus as you suggested and all I can see is that it says "undefined" under storage. I don't see any option to format the hard drive. I assume this means something is seriously wrong with the box as it is not recognising the hard drive in the unit. I may have to send it back for fixing. Many thanks. Happy New year to you all!

| Tue 1 Jan 2013 0:15:32 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Select the "undefined" item and format the disk.
    Then return to the menu - if you now see HDD under storage all should be OK.

| Tue 1 Jan 2013 8:41:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sumalj

Hi. I did try to select it but it would not let me. When the word storage is highlighted in blue I pressed ok on the remote and it goes grey. However when I try to move over to "undefined" it does not let me. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

| Tue 1 Jan 2013 12:45:46 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.