My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My remote won't fast forward

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimplyPaddy

When I press

fast forward
    I get very short indications of the speeds on the TV as it scrolls through them (2x, 4x, 8x, etc) but it doesn't actually fast forward at all.

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 11:57:05 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Strange, I just started replaying a recording and all the fast forward speeds work for me. What are you trying to fast forward ?

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 12:08:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I've seen this happen if you're "chasing" a live TV broadcast (that is, you're some amount of minutes behind the actual live broadcast, having previously Paused it). FF reaches the actual live time and the display shows the speeds but does nothing (because it cannot FF beyond live time).
    As Graham says, what are you trying to fast forward ?

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 12:24:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimplyPaddy

I was trying to avoid the ads on a couple of programmes I had recorded.

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 13:48:29 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Push the forward skip button twice, average ad break is 4 mins (under search button). If you overshoot back up in 15 second increments - reverse skip key under recordings button.

Odd the fast forward didn't work though.

You can also skip forward and back using the left right keys either side of OK.

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 14:17:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimplyPaddy

Thanks - I'll try that & report back later. I'm a bit tied up for a while.

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 14:19:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimplyPaddy

Many thanks - it all seems OK now.

| Mon 12 Aug 2013 14:56:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

chookmum

Hi my fast forward will not work at all. Reverse works. It is on a recorded programme that is 3/4 way through so there are no problems about overshooting, it just does not work. I tried turning it all off and rebooting and still does it. Tried pressing button harder. Tried the above. Any more ideas please? Wont work at all on the right of OK button either.

| Thu 10 Apr 2014 17:43:45 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

two simple things to try first,
    if you have a digital camera or even easier a smart phone with camera, point the remote control at the camera, press the remote buttons and you should see the remote control LED light up on the camera display, check that this works on the fast forward button.
    If you don't have access to a digital camera or smart phone, swap the batteries in the remote.
    Sometimes when the batteries are on their way out, there's enough power to operate some of the buttons, but not all, so swapping batteries for known good ones is always worth a try.
    If the fast forward button doesn't light up on a camera and other buttons do and you've swapped batteries then the button contacts in the remote are most likely dirty and need cleaning, easier said than done, which is why it's worthwhile testing with a camera or renewing batteries first.
    If these two tests don't help then there's clearly something else going on, let us know.

| Thu 10 Apr 2014 18:11:47 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.