My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

My USB Bluetooth + keyboard does not work

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I cannot get my USB Bluetooth Adapter + Bluetooth keyboard to work on the Humax.

1 When I plug a standard "USB keyboard" into the side USB port, it works fine.

2 I have a "Plugable Bluetooth USB Adapter". It is Bluetooth 4.0, and talks to just about anything - specifiocally it supports XP and later, and Linux PCs. It has a Broadcom BCM 20702 chipset, supports keyboards, mice, headsets, stereo headsets, speakers and more - see https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plugable-Bluetooth-Adapter-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B009ZIILLI)&tag=blusas008-21

I have a JETech Bluetooth Keyboard 2155/2156 (https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/JETech%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Wireless-Keyboard-bluetooth/dp/B0173QD5L4)./?tag=blusas008-21

3 I plugged the USB adapter into my Windows PC and paired the keyboard to it. It worked fine. (NB the keyboard also works fine with my Android tablet).

4 Without unpowering the keyboard, I removed the USB Adapter and plugged it into the right-side USB port of the Humax.

The keyboard didn't work, and no amount of fiddling (re-connecting, using the rear USB port, power cycling etc) would get it to work.

Q1 Any ideas?

I wonder if I somehow need a driver for it but I have no idea how to find one or install it even if I do find it.

Q2 If you have got one to work, which USB Bluetooth Adapter and which Bluetooth keyboard are you using? Barry's FAQ says

I took the wireless dongle and keyboard from a PC (already paired obviously) plugged the dongle into side usb port on 4000T and it works.
    Which devices were they?

| Wed 6 Apr 2016 16:11:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

My experience is that Bluetooth sticks need a driver on the host device. I would doubt that one exists for the Humax. Or even that a method of loading a driver exists.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 13:53:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Thanks.

Barry seems to have got one to work in Can I use a keyboard - to search for example which suggests that the Humax OS (presumably a flavour of Linux??) has Bluetooth support and at least one Bluetooth driver.

I have emailed Humax Support to see if they can suggest anything.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 14:29:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry states a wireless dongle, not a Bluetooth. While Bluetooth uses the 2.4GHz wireless spectrum and has many similarities to WiFi, they are not the same thing.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 15:30:44 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Was just checking mine (Lexmark) - it is wireless but not Bluetooth, I guess it is designed to be completely transparent that it is wireless to the host.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 15:42:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Thanks. I didn't even realise there were wireless keyboards - I thought they were all Bluetooth.

I guess the wireless keyboards work because the Humax has wireless (WiFi) support built in for its own WiFi needs.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 16:12:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have a wireless mouse, it's not Bluetooth.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 16:18:54 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks. I didn't even realise there were wireless keyboards - I thought they were all Bluetooth.
    I guess the wireless keyboards work because the Humax has wireless (WiFi) support built in for its own WiFi needs.

I think it works because it just needs USB support. Humax strip out all Linux functions they do not need.

| Thu 7 Apr 2016 18:04:59 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.