My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Mystery failed recordings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

I have mystery recordings in my recorded programme list.
    I didn't manually record anything at these times. I do have a repeat recoding set up for a series on this channel and I assume it was these that failed for an unknown reason.
    However, you can see 2 on Sunday morning and 2 on Monday morning but none of these 4 were there last night.
    I just deleted one of the repeat recording under 'planned' and two of the recordings disappeared from the most recent list and the remaining two are now labelled as Tuesday 21st and as you can see they weren't Tuesday recordings there earlier. What on earth is going on?

| Tue 21 Mar 2023 14:17:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

Trying to upload the photo

| Tue 21 Mar 2023 14:21:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

Another go.

Attachments

1. IMG_20230321_124530497.jpg (236.8 KB, 0 downloads) 1 year old
    | Tue 21 Mar 2023 14:35:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

I just looked and the original 4 have reappeared as well as the 2 new Tuesday ones.

Attachments

1. IMG_20230321_134031190~2.jpg (630.2 KB, 1 downloads) 1 year old
    | Tue 21 Mar 2023 14:48:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hello merlin777,

I have had this happen from time to time. When you see it, it's very confusing and you wonder what's happening. Well, it seems to be a bug from either the broadcaster crid data being sent to the PVR or Humax within the firmware not coping with data.

So why do you have loads of failed recordings? What's happening is the PVR has tried to attempt to record (in confusion) a programme in the same series: channel 4, tries more4, etc and this is what you get: duplications, part recordings, wrong programmes.

The best thing to do is to take a copy of your schedules and try either to cancel the schedule for a particular programme affected and reschedule, or if this doesn't work, ideally do a full retune and redo the entire schedule again. Hopefully this will resolve bug, until it happens again! It's a known fault. Other than this, the only other option is a factory reset, without deleting recordings, which also retunes channels. Hope this helps answer your query? Please let forum know how you get on. John L

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 8:51:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

Thanks for that. What a relief. I thought my box was falling over.
    It only seems to be a few channels, often the lower budget ones! So I can weed those rogue series recordings out. Failing that I'll retune and redo my recordings. It won't do any harm to have a spring clean. The boxes must pick up a lot of garbage over time.
    Will report back.

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 12:47:17 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.