My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Nas 320l dlink not playing content

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

steven.44

Hi,

I've been happily playing content from a USB hard drive for a couple of months now and thought I would rationalise all the media into a nas box. This would then share the content between the multitude of xboxs, I devices, laptops etc in my house (three sons!) rather than powering the multitude of USB hard drives. I have gone for the cheapest, a dlink 320l, to provide access from the cloud to the ipad as well. It took a few days to get it sorted but now all items see the device and can play the files....except the hdr1000s. This sees the files but only plays about ten of the thousand odd. It did play all via USB. Is this a known problem? I have seen a foxsat forum with similar complaint and talk of converting etc. I don't really fancy converting loads and loads. Seems odd that it played via USB? Will, there be an update?

Any help gladly received. Thank you.

Steven

| Sun 10 Feb 2013 11:17:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have a similar problem with my QNAP NAS. The 1000S sees the Twonky server, but reports that I have no films, despite having lots in AVI format, and when I try to open my music, MP3, folder the box freezes. I reported this on the Freesat forum...
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/DLNA-Client/m-p/2736#M714
    ...but no feedback from Humax/Freesat.

| Sun 10 Feb 2013 12:21:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB

Exactly the same issue here, and has been a problem since launch.

I have (probably) the same NAS - DLink 320 - and stream very happily to my PS3. Of the many movies on my NAS (all ripped from DVD in exactly the same way), only a couple actually play on the Humax. Can see all the files listed. The rest all say something like 'cannot play this file type' or something.

It's annoying but I am grateful I have the PS3 as back up, which I also use for Netflix anyway. Would love to have a 'one box solution' but I guess I'll have to wait a while for Humax to sort it out.

| Mon 11 Feb 2013 13:31:10 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

I played a load of files over DLNA using my Synology DS212J. I used the built in Synology DLNA server, and Plex without any issues. Most of the media was in .mkv containers.

Only issue I had with it was that all media was stretched into the 16:9 aspect ratio, which messed up the films. That and the fact the Humax wouldn't pass through the raw DTS to my amp so there was no sound (fine in AC3 tho).

I gave up with the media player side of things as I have a Popcorn Hour dedicated media player which is far superior to the Humax in terms of what it can play, so can't say I've tested it exhaustively.

| Mon 11 Feb 2013 13:58:04 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.