My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Need hlp setting up Aura remote with Sonos Playbar

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Hi all
    I have an Aura and have it connected to my Samsung TV with all audio going via the TV to a Sonos Playbar. I have audio on the TV disabled as it all comes through the Playbar and I want to have the volume buttons on the Aura remote to do the volume up/down/mute on the Playbar, but when I go through the remote setup in the Sonos app the Playbar just will not pick up the Aura remote. Every other remote I've tried is picked up by the Sonos with no problems, just not the Aura one.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 20:44:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Finchy313 - 31 mins ago  » 
    Hi all
    I have an Aura and have it connected to my Samsung TV with all audio going via the TV to a Sonos Playbar. I have audio on the TV disabled as it all comes through the Playbar and I want to have the volume buttons on the Aura remote to do the volume up/down/mute on the Playbar, but when I go through the remote setup in the Sonos app the Playbar just will not pick up the Aura remote. Every other remote I've tried is picked up by the Sonos with no problems, just not the Aura one.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Have you setup the aura remote to control your TV when the AV button is pressed as per the manual ?

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 21:17:13 #2 |
  3. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Finchy313 - 16 hours ago  » 
    Hi all
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Hello.
    This is because Aura doesn’t have proper CEC implementation. Had the same problem- tv audio disabled and routed through sound system. The Aura remote won’t change volume etc of your soundbar and will instead change an internal volume for the Aura only.

Hopefully they fix this issue in the supposed January update.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 12:59:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Have you setup the aura remote to control your TV when the AV button is pressed as per the manual ?

No, as the TV remote doesn't control the volume. I have the volume controls on the TV remote disabled as the sound it passed through to the Sonos.

Shaunhoare - 1 day ago  » 

Hello.
    This is because Aura doesn’t have proper CEC implementation. Had the same problem- tv audio disabled and routed through sound system. The Aura remote won’t change volume etc of your soundbar and will instead change an internal volume for the Aura only.
    Hopefully they fix this issue in the supposed January update.

Ah, ok, thanks, that makes sense. In my Shield TV settings there is an option to have the audio passed through which disables the volume on the device. I couldn't find similar on the Aura, maybe they'll add that in as well.

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 22:07:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Would it technically be possible with the Android TV button programmer apps to configure the volume buttons on the Aura's remote to operate instead as the volume controls of the soundbar? Or can only "android" features be remapped to buttons on the remote (that would make sense, but just thought I'd ask the dumb question - on further instant reflection I'm guessing the IR signal to the box is a specific command, so it wouldn't make sense to be able to control the soundbar unless there was some sort of passthrough app that can be installed on the Android TV box to communicate with the Sonos).

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 10:59:47 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.