My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Needed in next update

(41 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

YouTube needs fixing. Back button does not work. No home button. 60% of videos don't work.

More time stamping on recordings. We can find date but a time would be nice. Recordings of snooker is a pain when you can't see what time it was recorded at. e.g 18.30 22.30. Seems like a no brainer time stamps would be everywhere.

Series link controlling. I am deleting stuff I don't want them find its recorded again a week later.

Remove shadow gradient from bottom of screen. It's always there messing with broadcasts.

Hard reset option on remote when things go wrong.

Enable the ability to enter router ip dns properly. At the moment it's a tonka toy. Give us network control.

When large movie filed are played via media server the box dies. To the point it can't go back to normal broadcast. A bitrate check maybe? I tried to play a 720 from server box dies. From USB it's fine.

Other than these things I have listed box is awesome!

| Sat 4 May 2013 0:42:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

I agree. Also, aspect ratio display needs fixing when playing from USB or dnla when the video isn't exactly 16:9.

If anything is different. It stretches it over the whole screen.

| Sat 4 May 2013 8:48:43 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

"Hard reset option on remote when things go wrong."
    A crazy idea. one press of the wrong button - lost schedule - lost non freesat channels - freesat retune - all settings back to default.

| Sat 4 May 2013 12:12:30 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Export recordings to allow HDD format/change and re-import would be nice.

Save schedule and re-load would also be very handy when a factory reset is needed.

| Sat 4 May 2013 18:28:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

The postcode check needs sorting out. At the moment I have to say I'm in Carlisle to get ITV player which means I get English Border TV instead of Scottish Border TV but there's very little difference really.
    The major problem is with BBC channels I can choose to get BBC Scotland for BBC1 and BBC2 but I cant override th BBC HD channels which default to English BBC.
    As an example If I am watching Sunday politics on BBC1 HD when the regional portion of the program starts I get a red screen and I have to switch over to BBC1 SD.
    If I use my proper post code I get BBC working as it should but no ITV player.
    I understand that for some the STV area don't get ITV player as there is an STV player but I am not in an STV area I'm in the Border TV area.
    This all works fine on my Foxsat HD box so all that is needed is the guys working on the freetime firmware to have a wee word with the guys who did the Foxsat HD firmware and sort it out.

| Sun 5 May 2013 12:32:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 
    "Hard reset option on remote when things go wrong."
    A crazy idea. one press of the wrong button - lost schedule - lost non freesat channels - freesat retune - all settings back to default.

I was thinking ong the lines of a 5 second hold on the power button. And not a full factory reset, just more than a soft reboot. Many times I have switched off and on at remote to be taken back into same problem, power off at mains as it were.

More updates.

More control of files played via USB/media servers. Stop squashing movies vertically please. Stretching vertically and horizontally.

| Sun 5 May 2013 19:37:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

Remember last position media files. Ask to resume or something.

| Sun 5 May 2013 19:58:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ddubya

Having the date and time on recordings would be very useful.

| Thu 9 May 2013 13:40:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimlfc69

4OD and demand 5 would be nice as it is months overdue and was one of the major reasons I bought the bloody box in the first place

| Thu 9 May 2013 22:49:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

greyrider

Basic web browser - yes, I know, but it would be useful for a look up of things now and again...

| Mon 13 May 2013 15:30:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.