My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

NetFlix

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

1976saint

Hi, I'm new here and looking to replace my virgin Tivo box with either the T5000 or the newer Aura (most likely) as they have the better/same recording capability which my family are used to but some questions I have at the moment concerns NetFlix or the lack of a dedicated button for it on the Aura controller.

5000T has the Netflix dedicated button as you all know but Aura hasn't, instead preferring kids channel button it looks like, so is there a reason why Netflix isn't a button anymore and this being android TV can the remotes buttons be reconfigured in anyway e.g. re-programmed as a dedicated app button?

Also there is talk in the forum regards side loading the APK for netflix, isn't it possible to download the app from google play store, just wondered?

How long has the Aura been on sale btw?

Kind Regards

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:24:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

Netflix is not certified on the Humax, so can't be installed via google play.

You can make own apk via a process over on xda (or via an upload a user did on here) where it then works in 1080 and works as a android tv version also opposed to lower reso with mouse.

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 13:02:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

1976saint

In terms of differences between the 5000t and the AURA which would be the better solution for the average user wanting Freeview HD on a 4K TV to record upwards of 3 channels at once, stream Netflix, Amazon and other streaming services? BTW the TV in question has a Netflix button so I guess maybe not as important to have it on the remote?

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 14:27:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

1976saint - 2 hours ago  » 
    In terms of differences between the 5000t and the AURA which would be the better solution for the average user wanting Freeview HD on a 4K TV to record upwards of 3 channels at once, stream Netflix, Amazon and other streaming services? BTW the TV in question has a Netflix button so I guess maybe not as important to have it on the remote?

I would say going forward the Aura is likely to be the better bet as Humax are busily fixing bugs (as well as responding to some user requests) in a way that they never did for the FVP-4000/5000T. The only drawback for your requirements appears to be that that the Aura doesn't officially support Netflix all though there may be unofficial ways to do it.

| Wed 17 Mar 2021 16:54:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

1976saint

Thanks for the reply, will consider the options and let you know what I ultimately go for.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 7:57:56 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.