My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Netflix app not working

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cazimiuranus

HI,

Had my Humax 1000S upgraded recently and the Netflix app does not work. It won't test for an internet connection like the other On Demand services and gives a connection problem code UI-133. Been to Netflix and tried everything they suggest on the their web help (powercycled everything I have several times,including broadband hub and router). Been onto Humax by e-mail alot and tried everything - rolled back the update and uploaded the new update, factory reset the box several times etc Netflix suggested it was my network so spent a lot of time with BT online chat and they checked the line, DNS cache, all kinds of things and no problem - no surprise as I have fibre optic broadband and all my other on demand services work fine. They also suggested it might be a hardware/software cache issue but Humax so no and are investigating. Is anyone else in the same boat or managed to solve this issue?

| Thu 24 Dec 2015 17:02:06 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It would help if we knew in what circumstances the message is issued. Several others have posted the same problem but for lots (including me with a satellite link from France, (UK ip)) have no problems.
    When I originally tried this using my TV it would give an error using the sat connection as this has noticeable overhead for small amounts of data (such as DNS resolve). All OK after I changed the DNS to a slow ADSL one with my ISP.

| Thu 24 Dec 2015 17:13:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cazimiuranus

Thanks for that. The error occurs when I simply try to open the app from the Humax On Demand page - the app takes it's time to try and open and then posts the connection problem with code ui-133. I presumed it wasn't a network error as all the other apps stream fine. Any help appreciated.

| Thu 24 Dec 2015 18:17:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

harts5000

Having exactly the same problem. All other apps work, my network is fine, but the Netflix app returns errors.

Netflix and Humax helpdesk have been unable to help, and keep stating it is my network at fault, which is simply not the case. Otherwise, they do not seem to accept that the app is at fault.

I connect using wifi and the only thing I haven't tried is to use a network cable, but that's not an option with my setup.

I now use the Netflix app on my Amazon Fire stick (which is connected to the same network) which works perfectly fine.

| Sat 26 Dec 2015 20:35:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cazimiuranus

Hi, if Humax don't sort the problem out (they told me there were a number of people for whom the app doesn't work) this seems like a good option to me, thanks! Shame didn't think of it before Xmas!

| Sun 27 Dec 2015 12:32:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

smaskell

I've had my hdr 1800t for about a month now. Today I've connected it to the internet. I can see bbc iplayer and you tube but no net flix.

How do I get net flix please?

I've read about the 'on demand' page but where is this please?

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 23:09:45 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

This area is for freesat however Netflix is not available on the 1800T that is a freeview unit.

| Wed 13 Jan 2016 23:32:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cazimiuranus

I have solved this issue now to anyone still interested. was getting ui-113 error code on Netflix suing Humax Freesat. With BT so needed to do a DNS flush and then a factory reset to the box. Now it's working. Hope this helps anyone else with same problem.

| Wed 3 Feb 2016 17:42:44 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.