My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Netflix now on YouView

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Just received an email from Humax telling me that Netflix is now available as an option through on demand on their Freeview box.
    Does anyone know whether this is likely to be an option on the Freesat box any time soon?

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 21:17:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It's the Humax YouView box (DTR-T1000 - T2000 etc) that has just acquired Netflix, not the Humax Freeview box (HDR-2000T)

I haven't heard anything recently about Netflix coming to Freesat.

Edit.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/1400954/freesat-in-talks-with-netflix-amazon

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 21:38:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

When I referred to it being a ''Freeview' box, I was making reference to it being a box you plug into an aerial as opposed to a satellite dish but thanks for the additional clarification James.

Thanks also for the link, Which gives us the impression that we may be benefiting from the Netflix 'app' on Freesat at some point in the future too. My only concern is the speed Humax seems to move at. Perhaps we'll see it by the end of 2016??

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 22:39:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It would be up to Freesat, not Humax, I suppose.

And Netflix. The Techradar Expert Reviews article says at the moment the Freesat audience is too small to meet Netflix's requirements.

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 23:11:48 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.