My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T trial

(82 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Apologises that method you will see usb detected. That method will not work for all users.

See note 1 and try that method ie disconnect power first insert pendrive, re-apply power whilst simultaneously pressing the channel down button on the unit until you see the update screen on TV.

| Fri 8 Apr 2016 15:21:48 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Barry - 3 minutes ago  » 
    See note 1 and try that method ie disconnect power first insert pendrive, re-apply power whilst simultaneously pressing the channel down button on the unit until you see the update screen on TV.

That's the method decribed in the Humax trial email and is the one that I tried 3 times without success (see my post from a couple of hours ago)

Richard

| Fri 8 Apr 2016 15:26:23 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

OK ... I finally got the new firmware installed but used a slightly different method to any I've seen described so far. I unplugged the box, inserted the USB stick and then re-inserted the power lead whilst holding down the down button. I then waited until the pen drive stopped flashing. There didn't seem to be anything at all on the TV screen during this process .... but once I restarted the box I seem to have the new firmware and the improved 4 x 3 recordings display.

However, select a set of series recordings and it still defaults to the latest recording, which is very disappointing.

Tried all the Samba server stuff, which I had hoped would be fixed to work with Vista and Win7, but so far I can't see any change.

Richard

| Sat 9 Apr 2016 15:25:10 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have received and installed the new software.
    How do I access the sub forum to discuss this, is there something from the email I was sent that you need to confirm I am on the trial?

Thanks
    Chris

| Sat 9 Apr 2016 16:19:13 #74 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Check your PM's

| Sat 9 Apr 2016 16:21:41 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

daroca

I've just purchased a FVP 4000T and I have contacted Humax hopefully to be accepted as a participant in this trial, I'll update this feed if I'm accepted

| Sun 10 Apr 2016 17:09:28 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pliny_The_Elder

I tried emailing to get on the trial a week ago and haven't heard anything, assuming I've missed out. Do Humax often run trials, as I'm keen to get involved in testing.

| Fri 15 Apr 2016 16:38:54 #77 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum:-)

Unfortunately I think you are to late for this trial as the results have to be submitted within the next couple of Days.

| Sat 16 Apr 2016 8:23:51 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnbur

I applied too, but didn't get a reply - Would it be too much to expect at least an acknowledgement?

| Tue 19 Apr 2016 21:48:35 #79 |
  10. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I have just received a very nice e-mail of appreciation from Humax regarding my input to the trial version of software. Nice to see this courtesy and look forward to the update in due course. R-

| Fri 22 Apr 2016 16:25:40 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.