My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Network Connection

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Trying to stream to a bedroom TV, I choose the 5000 icon, Mt Contents, Recordings (and all my recordings come up) but when I click on a recording, I get the error message "please check your network connection", but everything seems to be OK.
    Network Server active 00.01-23.59
    Samba Server on
    FTP server on
    Remote Recording All Day
    IP Address 192.168.0.76

TV's Details
    IP Setting "Get Automatically" but greyed out 192.168.0.108
    DNS Setting "Get Automatically"but greyed out 194.168.4.100

I have tried switching off a 13A socket WiFi extender, but still no joy.
    It's strange that all the recording show, but won't play.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 10:29:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Possibly the issue is that your TV doesn't support playback of the particular file type?

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 11:25:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

It has done, in the past. Then the wifi failed, & it was sent back to Samsung for repair. (The 5000 icon kept disappearing, then it failed completely)

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 11:29:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Have you tried my suggestion (on the other thread) about using a powerline type adapter instead of the WiFi extender?
    A set of three, one each for the tv/Humax/router.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 13:35:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Everything used to work ok, without any extra devices. I will keep your suggestion in mind when we move house.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 13:42:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Could this problem lie with the encryption of HD recordings on the 5000T as against SD? Is it the same if you try to play an SD recording?

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 15:46:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I never use the HD channels. I delete all of them after a retune. At my advanced age, I can't tell the difference!

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 15:55:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Tried a Netgear Device. Both before & after, all that I could get was the "My Contents" -nothing else!

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 12:08:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

And what happens if you click on the "my contents" folder?

My TV then shows internal hdd/recordings/USB hdd.
    If I select internal hdd I then get photo/videos/download/music folders but they are empty when selected.
    If I select recordings it then displays a list of SD recordings only. However, only the most recent recording (last night) appeared to play. Selecting anything else (randomly) resulted in (eventually) a message saying that "this file cannot be recognised. Do you want to play the next file?" (TV generated message not Humax).
    I worked my way through the list (mostly films) and found that most failed but a few played but many of the films are "split" recordings and only one part would play (and not always the first part, it varied). But, and this is where it gets really weird, some of those films displayed are definitely not on the internal drive (I moved them to the USB hdd) yet they are visible but if I select the USB hdd from the home page it does not display any recordings at all! Only the films actually on the internal hdd will play.
    My TV/Humax/hub are all within feet of each other so I can rule out network issues.
    I will now say with confidence that your network is OK and so is your TV, the issue appears to be the 4000t and its hopelessly inadequate software programming.

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 13:01:22 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I am still adamant that my "instant record" failures only started after the last firmware update (to resolve the YouTube issue) but they refuse to acknowledge the issue.
    I wonder if this is another thing they broke? (I stopped using the server functions when I put my H3 back in its box ages ago).

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 13:42:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.