My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Network connection stopped working

(13 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Some suggestions:
    1. Power cycle the router.
    2. Try connecting to a different router port.
    3. Try yet another cable (that it worked for a brief period could hint at a defective cable) - With the router and the unit powered the LED should light at when physically connected.

| Thu 3 Apr 2014 11:45:20 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieboy

Dongle arrived just now and it's all setup in less than 2 mins.
    I plugged it in to the usb port in the back of the box and it didn't work. Plugged it in to the front and it works ok.
    I guess this proves it's a hardware fault on the Ethernet port/usb port.
    I wonder if it could be just a bad connection or is it really dead. Any thoughts?
    I can't get to the underside of connector easily.

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 14:33:22 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'm glad you got it working.
    The network would have appeared to be not working, as far as Custom Firmware goes, due to the OTA update a month or so ago.

I'm guessing in the attempt to diagnose, the block that contains the ethernet and usb port has become damaged and the connection broken such as pcb crack or tracks broken between the port block and pcb. The fact that it worked for a while, before being pushed back under the TV points to a cable end damaged (would have been most likely) or what certainly seems to be the case now is the port connector block not making proper contact to the pcb. If it had been a fuse or damaged circuitry due to shorting then it would not have worked at all before pushing back.

If you're handy with a soldering iron, multimeter etc and are used to working with electronics, you could take the thing apart and check and resolder/bypass any broken connections.
    If you're happy with the dongle sticking out the front, or on a small extension lead tidied out the way then I would leave well alone and just use the WiFi.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 16:35:53 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.