My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Networking and Features

(15 posts)
  1. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Is it known yet if the new FVP-4000T has network play capabilities such as DLNA? If so, does it have both client and server functionality?
    Is playback from USB enabled? Is it possible to archive standard definition recordings to USB?

| Mon 3 Aug 2015 16:54:12 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have not ignored these questions, I had to be careful how much info was released before the product was available to public (I did hint in saliant points FAQ)

The answer is yes to all, in fact you can archive SD and HD, I will cover that In another topic shortly.

(and for the idiot in the other place, yes I did know but was being cautious in what detail I released)

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 10:19:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

How about the farcical feature (in the Freesat models) whereby entering a Scottish postcode removes the ITVPlayer capability. Is there the same "feature" in the FVP?

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 12:20:56 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 14 minutes ago  » 
    How about the farcical feature (in the Freesat models) whereby entering a Scottish postcode removes the ITVPlayer capability. Is there the same "feature" in the FVP?

It's a freeview box so no postcode.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 12:36:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 23 minutes ago  » ...It's a freeview box so no postcode.

Thanks, makes it worth a look as a potential buy.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 13:00:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Won't it still require a postcode for using ITVPlayer / STVPlayer? The YouView box does. So does my Freeview Smart TV.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 14:14:04 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 24 minutes ago  » 

Won't it still require a postcode for using ITVPlayer / STVPlayer? The YouView box does. So does my Freeview Smart TV.

Surely it will know where you are simply by the transmitter it uses. Unlike satellite you normally only have 1 regional option.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 14:40:28 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Out of interest I have just installed ITV Player on my Amazon Fire TV. No postcode required. It also has STV player.

When I ran it it did accept a postcode, but I used one for a different region, all it did was set up the appropriate regional news variants.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 14:48:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

Surely it will know where you are simply by the transmitter it uses. Unlike satellite you normally only have 1 regional option.

Maybe. All the versions I've ever used have wanted a postcode entering. Maybe ITV will change that for Freeview Play. Have to wait and see, I guess.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 14:53:59 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 27 seconds ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

Maybe. All the versions I've ever used have wanted a postcode entering. Maybe ITV will change that for Freeview Play. Have to wait and see, I guess.

See my edit. It doesn't seem to check your postcode relates to where you actually get your terrestrial service from. I guess if asked we need a scottish owner to enter an english postcode.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 14:56:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.