My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Networking and Features

(15 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can confirm no postcode check either during set up or use of itv player.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 15:05:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Great! Thanks Barry.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 15:22:05 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 28 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 27 seconds ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 24 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 14 minutes ago  » 
    How about the farcical feature (in the Freesat models) whereby entering a Scottish postcode removes the ITVPlayer capability. Is there the same "feature" in the FVP?

It's a freeview box so no postcode.

Won't it still require a postcode for using ITVPlayer / STVPlayer? The YouView box does. So does my Freeview Smart TV.

Surely it will know where you are simply by the transmitter it uses. Unlike satellite you normally only have 1 regional option.

Maybe. All the versions I've ever used have wanted a postcode entering. Maybe ITV will change that for Freeview Play. Have to wait and see, I guess.

See my edit. It doesn't seem to check your postcode relates to where you actually get your terrestrial service from. I guess if asked we need a scottish owner to enter an english postcode.

The YouView box doesn't verify postcodes either.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 15:28:01 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gaum

Just setup my new mocha and no postcode required. However it must know where I am as I cannot get most programmes on ITV player. I presume it knows my location through my lab network. Does anyone know how I can fool the box/ITV player into thinking I'm in England?
    If I can't get the full function of catchup and ITV player then it appears it's a waisted purchase and I'll be taking it back and swapping for a unit where I can input a postcode.

| Mon 9 Nov 2015 22:32:33 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The restrictions imposed by broadcasters are a farce. I was tempted by the FVP or a second HDR but coincidentally my TV packed up and I bought a Samsung which has both itvplayer and stvplayer and allows a different postcode for each. Job done.

| Tue 10 Nov 2015 11:20:15 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.