My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New 1100s will not record coronation Street series

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesdee258

I am amazed that my new 1100s will not record series recordings of Coronation Street particularly two recordings on the same evening.. My old Foxsat which still works well has done this successfully for several years.

This would suggest that the problem lies with the software provided by Humax and not with ITV. How can this problem be allowed to remain unresolved given that it has been well reported on this site? (I have not been able to find these reports today).

This means that my new box is not fit for purpose and is inferior to my old box.

When will Humax sort out this problem which will surely cause doubts for prospective purchasers?

| Sat 8 Aug 2015 19:07:27 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Freesat data for G1 and G2 units is known to be different.
    One of the posters mentioning loss of IV1 recordings reports that the channel briefly disappeared for his unit. This would cause a powered-up G2 unit to delete that channels schedule.

It is not known if this was a freesat or ITV problem.

Barry - do you have any information?

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 7:09:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesdee258

Thank you REPASSAK for your reply.

I was unaware that there are G1 and G2 units.

It is good to know that the problem is under consideration. It should be looked at as a matter of urgency.

In the mean time it looks as if recording each programme individually is the only way to proceed..

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 8:30:39 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My 1000s is set to record Corrie from 119 ITV HD Central West (same software as 1100S), it hasn't missed an episode in months (possibly years).

Which region and is it SD or HD the problem is found.

Does setting a series recording on channel 977 work ?

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 10:46:43 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have not been informed of any changes officially.

Whilst I do not watch soaps I do have a test unit set up to record the like, and as per Graham's post Corrie has not missed an episode (ITV HD)

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 10:52:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesdee258

Thank you for the replies

I have now set up series recording for Coronation Street on 119 HD North East.
    In the planned my recordings list coronation street is shown only once on Monday at 19.30 with the series icon.
    Is this is correct or should all the recordings be listed?
    Cheers

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 14:34:57 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jamesdee258 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for the replies
    I have now set up series recording for Coronation Street on 119 HD North East.
    In the planned my recordings list coronation street is shown only once on Monday at 19.30 with the series icon.
    Is this is correct or should all the recordings be listed?
    Cheers

That's correct, it will update when that episode has been recorded. If you look at all Corrie episodes on 119 in the next 7 days in the epg, they all should have a series recording icon.

The Foxsat-HDR works in the same way.

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 14:47:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamesdee258

Thank you Graham

I will give it another try on Monday. Perhaps I made an error last Friday

I have also set up series SD recording for Emmerdale which screens two episodes on Thursday.

I will report again on Monday.

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 14:53:48 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jamesdee258 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you Graham
    I will give it another try on Monday. Perhaps I made an error last Friday
    I have also set up series SD recording for Emmerdale which screens two episodes on Thursday.
    I will report again on Monday.

If you are around on Monday, bring up the Most Recent recordings list just before 7pm. You should see the Emmerdale episode pop into the list. If you wait 10 mins or so and replay the recording as it takes place (chasing playback). When you get to the adds you can use the skip keys (the default of + 2mins pressed twice should get near the end of the ad break).

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 15:01:51 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

jamesdee258 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Thank you REPASSAK for your reply.
    I was unaware that there are G1 and G2 units.
    It is good to know that the problem is under consideration. It should be looked at as a matter of urgency.
    In the mean time it looks as if recording each programme individually is the only way to proceed..

I can't find back the post that mentioned the channel disappearing briefly. I think it mentioned ITV1 HD.

If the channel did in fact disappear, it would explain the differences in experience. Only G2 units that were powered up during the disappearance would have seen the channel go and then return. The G1 units only look for channel changes at 03:00 GMT if in standby.
    The channel being deleted would have triggered the schedule delete.

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 15:30:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.